The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there interest in a Westone Event like Electrafest?

+2
corsair
mortarman120gang11c
6 posters

Go down

Is there interest in a Westone Event like Electrafest? Empty Is there interest in a Westone Event like Electrafest?

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:14 am

Well since it has been mentioned I thought I might just go ahead and ask to see if anyone is truely interested in an event such as the recent Electrafest but for all of us Westone, Aria,SLM,Vantage, and japanese fans. It takes a little doing to put together one of these events and some time but first there must be an interest. I understand that our members are from all over but the web feed video works nice. If there is enough interest from our members I think we could pull this off so please reply to this thread with any and all opinions and input and let's see if we can make this a reality. Thanks mortarman120gang11c when music is made everyone enjoys so Rock on and enjoy life. Semper Fi. Very Happy
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Is there interest in a Westone Event like Electrafest? Empty Re: Is there interest in a Westone Event like Electrafest?

Post by corsair Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:18 am

If you could make it for about January/February 2013, I might actually be able to attend!! Very Happy Though sans guitars!! Sad
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Is there interest in a Westone Event like Electrafest? Empty Re: Is there interest in a Westone Event like Electrafest?

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:07 am

corsair wrote:If you could make it for about January/February 2013, I might actually be able to attend!! Very Happy Though sans guitars!! Sad

Geez John, is that all that's keeping you? We have guitars over here as well... lol!

In all seriousness I am more than willing to lend a hand (or a possible location) or whatever. I think Arthur is either on to something or on something, and since I am fairly certain he shoots straight let's go with him being on to something.

As much as one small part of me would rather that these awesome brands stay under the radar, the greater part does see that the quality will continue to shine through. So why not do what we can to promote them?

Count me in Arthur. I would love to be in the loop and help this take off, in whatever way I may help.

Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 am

I to am willing to do whatever I can to make this happen. The only major problem seems to be location for the event. We are from all over so there will always be a travel problem involved. Second problem is the loigstics of the event in trying to get all together in one place at one time with the equipment to enjoy it all. I hosted the Electrafest this year and it worked out nicely. I would be willing to do the same for this event if we can all agree on a time frame for the event so that all interested parties have ample time to plan and lock in attendance dates. I would also be open to other hosts if anyone would care to step up. I have a few Westones and a Vantage 12 string acoustic electric as well as the Aria seen in the videos and a few Series 10 (SLM) guitars that I would be happy to bring. Lets all work together on this and see what we can come up with. Our first Electrafest was a small event held in a basement with no live feed just posted pics and it was fun for all. They only grow and get better with each year and they are really lots of fun also. Thanks Very Happy
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:39 pm

That would be a great thing to do! Yes, location is a problem and its' hard to come up with money these days. I'd be there if it was on the west coast! Very Happy I really wish i could have attended Electrafest but it wasn't meant to be. It would be great to meet some people on this forum personally and jam. East coast does make more sense (more population, closer to Europe) and Georgia is a great location. Saw some Panic shows back in the day there when i was in Richmond, i got love for Georgia! cheers

The Westie Festie!! Very Happy
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:00 pm

West coast is nice also. Northern California is nice and so was silicon valley and the bay area when I visited there. I like the washington area around seattle area also. Maybe we can figure this one out and make it a rerality. Always great to talk guitars and gear and jam while doing it to.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:21 pm

This would be a great idea, let's open it up to Mats of all types. Not just our beloved Westie's, but Aria, Vantage, Westone, Electra, etc. I'd be down for it.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Minneapolis does have an international airport you know... even got that new-fangled indoor plumbing in some places in the county just this spring. lol!

I do have quite abit of space here if there were interest in the possibility of an out-of-doors event. I could also line up some indoor space in case of inclement weather.

You have to realize that inclement weather up 'round these parts constitutes zero °'s or lower in January/February. Razz Twisted Evil tongue

If we are looking at a year or more down the road you could probably count on me for a dozen or better Mats models by then, or a couple dozen plus if we opened it up to those less spoken about cousins of our beloved "Dutch" Uncle.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:31 pm

corsair wrote:If you could make it for about January/February 2013, I might actually be able to attend!! Very Happy Though sans guitars!! Sad

I doubt that would be a problem - I can only play one at a time so there would be plenty to spare
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Glad to see a good response thus far. I to would be willing to host the event here in Ga at the same spot we had our Electrafest this year. Lets put our heads together and see what we can do. Any other options out there or any ideas on a date or how soon? We will need to plan ahead so all can have time to make arrangements etc. Lets hear some thoughts on this. Thanks
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:24 am

It would be awesome to have Electrafest in the summer and Westonefest in the winter! Get our fix every six months! Very Happy
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I like that idea very much. One can never get enough time with quality gear and friends.Great idea and it would give those up in the cold a break from old man winter.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm not sure what the turnout of the ElectraFest is, but my thought would be to combine it with Westone and maybe Alvarez electrics as they are all under the SLM Banner. We have members in this forum and the electra forum, and the history melds from one brand to the next, so maybe that is the best way to market it? A few Westones melded into Alvarez before their electric line faded out and that was it for the the SLM electrics that are of any value. I know there are the Electra/Westone crossover models, but now we now we have at least one Alvarez in existence that is truely an Electra. We also know that the top of the line Pantera's became Rabin's in the Alvarez line. Just an idea and a way to get what I call guitar geeks together. If I can get a few days from the family, I am in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 pm

sarcaster wrote:I'm not sure what the turnout of the ElectraFest is, but my thought would be to combine it with Westone and maybe Alvarez electrics as they are all under the SLM Banner. We have members in this forum and the electra forum, and the history melds from one brand to the next, so maybe that is the best way to market it? A few Westones melded into Alvarez before their electric line faded out and that was it for the the SLM electrics that are of any value. I know there are the Electra/Westone crossover models, but now we now we have at least one Alvarez in existence that is truely an Electra. We also know that the top of the line Pantera's became Rabin's in the Alvarez line. Just an idea and a way to get what I call guitar geeks together. If I can get a few days from the family, I am in.

Plus I want to take Mortars jeep for a ride
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:00 am

I kind of want to bring my whole band along to this whenever it happens. Well, one of them anyway. The lead guitarist really wants to try out a Dynasty, and the whole band can play stringed instruments, so everyone could have fun with the brand! And Aidan can confuse everyone on the drums with his awkward time signatures! Laughing
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Not a problem at all but will need a set of drums as the drummer that kept his drums here went to University of Ga with my son and took his drums with him. I agree that we should represent all the brands as I also enjoy the Aria, Vantage, Electra, westone, and other models. Lets make this thing happen. Let me know what I can do to help. Arthur
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Aidan would probably want to bring his own kit anyway. Does mean we'd have to come in multiple vehicles, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:07 am

mortarman120gang11c wrote:Not a problem at all but will need a set of drums as the drummer that kept his drums here went to University of Ga with my son and took his drums with him. I agree that we should represent all the brands as I also enjoy the Aria, Vantage, Electra, westone, and other models. Lets make this thing happen. Let me know what I can do to help. Arthur

Earlier I'd recommended a joint Electra/Westone event but this makes the most sense to be all inclusive. We'd need to schedule it far enough in advance to make it possible for everyone to attend, whether in the US or not. International trips take time and money to save up uou know.

Would any non-US resident attend if planned far enough out?

The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:43 am

Hell yes!! we intend to be in the US/Canada in 2013 sometime......
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:48 pm

You gonna bring me one of those Clippers, John? Smile
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Seeing as I have two, I might just put one up as a prize?? Cool
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:28 pm

That would be mighty generous of you! Very Happy Keep up the tradition of having at least one prize guitar!
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:15 pm

My offer to host still stands so just let me know. Arthur
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Warrn wrote:You gonna bring me one of those Clippers, John? Smile

You wouldn't shave that mug for ElectraFest so what good would it do you anyway? lol!
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:05 am

Bahahaha! Laughing Glad you're here, Ice, you always make me smile.
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down