The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe

3 posters

Go down

replacement - Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe Empty Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe

Post by Brainfertilizer Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 pm

I need body/anchor posts and fine tuning screws.

Are they interchangeable w/ Floyd Rose?
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

replacement - Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe Empty Bendmaster replacement

Post by rick Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am

I have a Dimension IV that I bought new in '86. I just replaced my Bendmaster FT with a FR license from Guitar Fetish.(link below) After 25 years one of the string claws broke. I could not find replacement parts anywhere short of buying an entire ax.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Black-Floyd-Rose-Fastloader-Locking-Tremolo-System_p_110.html

It dropped right in, no additional routing needed. Perfect Alignment with posts.( I think the post placement is the same with the Deluxe and FT) It is also made of high quality material. Not the cheap post metal alot of aftermarkets are made of. It was only $80 shipped. I have used ity for a couple months and it performs GREAT!

Hope this helps.
rick
rick
Registered Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-12-24

Back to top Go down

replacement - Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe Empty Bendmaster replacement.

Post by rick Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am

The replacement I referenced in my previous post did not require the scale/intonation mods usually required when mounting a FR on a Westone. Scale is right on and intonation adjsutments were well within the range of the bridge design. I am very happy with this easy and relatively affordable solution.
rick
rick
Registered Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-12-24

Back to top Go down

replacement - Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe Empty Re: Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe

Post by corsair Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:49 pm

The fine tuners can be substituted by 6mm hex head bolts, available from your neighbourhood hardware shop, and if you know someone who can do it, you can get monogrammed caps made for the heads!

The posts could be awkward; Damian or Martin will know what size these are and whether or not they're interchangeable, but Jim's solution is a ray of hope!! If they sell the bridge, they probably sell the posts and inserts....
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

replacement - Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe Empty Re: Westone Bendmaster Deluxe parts wanted...maybe

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down