The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same??

3 posters

Go down

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? Empty MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same??

Post by spidey2 Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Just got my mmk 45 but it looks like a neck pickup not a bridge as he stated it has a brown wire not gray Im really thinking its a neck pickup
are they the same?? (westone thunder guitar) also it has allan key screws not slot

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? 100_4313

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? 100_4314

Last edited by spidey2 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pics)
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? Empty Re: MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same??

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:22 pm

I thought the bridge and neck pups were the same... I could be wrong.... have a look here both wires are brown
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? Empty Re: MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same??

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Oh you added pics..that pup looks like a later MMK45 as found in a Spectrum
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by spidey2 Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

dang no way i'm puttnig this in Twisted Evil cost me 35 bucks with shipping too

now i'm back on the hunt for a mmk45 bridge pickup

Twisted Evil

anyone willing to trade ??for a normal post and slot screw mmk? Embarassed
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Boyz...if it's stamped MMK45 on the bottom then it's an MMK45! Doesn't matter which guitar it's in.
Bowenjaybee is correct.

My Thunder I-A reads:
NECK: 10.92 K (5.66 K split)
BRIDGE: 11.04 K (5.57 K split)
COMBINED: 5.60 K (2.84 K split)
Oh yeah, she wails! And that's without the active boost! Twisted Evil

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spidey2 Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:59 am

that's pretty close 10.9 and 11.4 guess they are pretty much the same...well should I put it in ? hmmmmmmmmm I guess I could its gonna put the Seymour Duncan that's in there to shame that's for sure...

Barry wrote:Boyz...if it's stamped MMK45 on the bottom then it's an MMK45! Doesn't matter which guitar it's in.
Bowenjaybee is correct.

My Thunder I-A reads:
NECK: 10.92 K (5.66 K split)
BRIDGE: 11.04 K (5.57 K split)
COMBINED: 5.60 K (2.84 K split)
Oh yeah, she wails! And that's without the active boost! Twisted Evil
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:26 am

Mine are nominal 11K (the decimals make no real difference, round 'em off).
That's very good, but some 45's will test out even higher, in the 14K range.
Hey, this is what puts the "thunder" in the Thunder! What a Face

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spidey2 Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:41 pm

not sure if I can go by what this guy did anyone got a schematic for this?? got the humbucker in need to wire it up

yup its peaking 14 k Barry nice!

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? 100_4315
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:07 pm

spidey2 wrote:anyone got a schematic for this??

PM sent
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by spidey2 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:41 pm

bowenjaybee wrote:
spidey2 wrote:anyone got a schematic for this??

PM sent

Thanks not sure if this guy changed stuff , Ill have to open it up take another look seems diff

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? 100_4316

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? 100_4317
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 pm

I just opened up my '82 Thunder 1
Here's a photo

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? Wiring11
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by spidey2 Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:10 pm

bowenjaybee wrote:I just opened up my '82 Thunder 1
Here's a photo

MMK 45 just got in in the mail how can i tell if its a bridge pu are they the same?? Wiring11

AWESOME THATS THE TICKET!!

THANKS!!
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 am

How's the wiring going? have you had a look at the Thunder I wiring diagram on the resurrected Westone.Info site? it is a slightly different to the Thunder 1-T diagram that I sent you, it's the one you need.

Last edited by bowenjaybee on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by spidey2 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am

bowenjaybee wrote:How's the wiring going? have you had a look at the Thunder I wiring diagram on the resurrected Westone.Info site? it is a slightly different to the Thunder 1-T diagram that I sent you it's the one you need.

worked like a charm! Played a little" whole lot of love" what a diff with the right humbucker in place!

thank you for your help awesome!
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:02 am

great stuff! next job the knobs!
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by spidey2 Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:15 am

bowenjaybee wrote:great stuff! next job the knobs!
knobs landed lol now on
spidey2
spidey2
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down