The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA

+5
caucajun
grogg
Warrn
corsair
Iceman
9 posters

Go down

Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA Empty Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA

Post by Iceman Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:51 pm

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/msg/2316480350.html

Go getum, Warrn!
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA Empty Re: Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA

Post by corsair Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:53 pm

Warren can only cope with 4 strings.... Laughing Gee, that's nice...
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA Empty Re: Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA

Post by Iceman Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:19 pm

corsair wrote:Warren can only cope with 4 strings.... Laughing Gee, that's nice...

Never too late to give it a go. I shall be testing that axiom in the coming weeks. A fair price do you think?
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey now, I have four acoustic guitars and two electrics! I might only be able to play very basic guitar parts, but it's not completely beyond me! Laughing Unfortunately this is a five hour drive from me. I'm in north central Florida, and this guitar is in the southeast. It's also way beyond my current budget limits. I'd much sooner go for that Thunder 1-T over in Pensacola (also a five hour drive, as it's over in southern Alabama... err, the panhandle). But that's still more than I should be spending right now.

Oh, and btw, John? I have both a 6-string bass and a 12-string bass. I don't think I'm limited to four, even if 4 is my specialty. Wink
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:29 am

Laughing was only winding you up, Warren!! I know full well that you play both....

Price does seem fair, and the condition looks very good indeed....
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Warrn wrote:Oh, and btw, John? I have both a 6-string bass and a 12-string bass. I don't think I'm limited to four, even if 4 is my specialty. Wink

12 string bass, how does that work? Must have killer forearms, show us a pic Warrn.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeah "Popeye", bring on the gun show!! What a Face Twisted Evil Razz
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:44 pm

Click here. Uploaded this forever ago, too lazy to shrink it down and you wouldn't be able to see it terribly well if I did. I seem to be bad at smiling for pictures. Laughing
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Warrn wrote:Click here. Uploaded this forever ago, too lazy to shrink it down and you wouldn't be able to see it terribly well if I did. I seem to be bad at smiling for pictures. Laughing

affraid eek! norton did NOT like that link! affraid

better check that one.................. Suspect "malicious site"? Suspect
caucajun
caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:40 am

Came through all right for me!! Nice piece of kit - heavy?
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:44 am

Caucajun- Really? It's photobucket. I think Norton is giving you a false alarm.

John- There's a good reason it has such a wide strap! Laughing
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:47 am

WOW!! gorgeous "tiger/striped/quilt?

Very nice. You don't scare old ladies and and small children with that axe, do you?
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Warrn wrote:Click here. Uploaded this forever ago, too lazy to shrink it down and you wouldn't be able to see it terribly well if I did. I seem to be bad at smiling for pictures. Laughing

Never mind the smile Warrn, looks like you had the last laugh, What dose that monster sound like :?: Shocked Very Happy
fish
fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Iceman: Body is mahogany with a quilt maple top in Black Cherry finish. Doesn't scare children and old ladies, but has blown a few minds when I explained it was a 12-string bass and not a guitar! Laughing

Fish: It's like an electric bass and mandolin made love and this is the resulting lovechild. The doubled up octave strings bring the mandolin drone effect. The sound is actually very tweakable with the active EQ, so you can make the octave strings blend in or stand out. As difficult as it is to pull off, chords sound quite good on it!
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:25 am

Wow! That's just menacing Warrn! Very Happy
My back aches just looking at it...you gotta be a young Schwarzenegger to handle that thing.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am

My day job typically includes a fair bit of heavy lifting, so it doesn't bother me too much until it's been on my shoulder for three or four hours. It is a fantastic way to fill out the sound in a three piece. My ideal custom shop bass would be a 12-string version of either my Electra Phoenix X640 or a Rail bass. No clue how the Rail would work, so I've only seriously considered the Phoenix.
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Nice bass!!! The bassest in my old band has a 12 string Hamer bass, and they are amazing to hear. They sound like an angelic version of a bass or something, hard to explain. Especially with a little chorus in there. Very sweet indeed. What a Face

Anyway, that Prestige is pretty. I really want one of those, but the red burst.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

I can pretty much guarantee the Hamer sounds better, my Carlo Robelli is the cheapest you can go without getting a useless chunk of wood (the only thing cheaper is a Tennessee model, which is made in China, dirt cheap, and virtually unplayable). In fact, the Carlo Robelli is one of many near identical brands of cheap 12-string made in Korea by the same factory, the most common of which is branded Galveston (and looks identical). I only paid $100 for it, so I certainly can't complain. It works, and it sounds pretty good for the most part.

As for that Prestige... it's just as beautiful on second glance, but it's still just as far away and out of my budget.
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 pm

[quote]I really want one of those, but the red burst.
Sorry Chad couldn't resist it.
Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA Pb301292
Smile

Black Prestige 150 in Ft. Lauderdale, FLA Pb301288
What a Face

Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:43 pm

affraid affraid affraid Oh man, if could have seen me just now my jaw just about hit the floor!!! That is it exactly! Whew!!! Actually made me a teensie bit weak to see that gorgeous candy red burst Prestige, as weird as that may sound! So pretty Sad

Let me know if she has a hot sister. Laughing
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Candy red like I just think I got a cavity looking at it!!

That is Saaa-weet! Westbone you are one lucky dog. cyclops cyclops
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down