The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help

2 posters

Go down

spec* - MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help Empty MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help

Post by knuge Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Scored this on craigslist for a mere $35 dollars. It has a Kahler floating bridge, non-Mat looking neck plate and no bird logo on the tuners. Serial# begins with 88.

spec* - MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help Full

spec* - MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help Body

spec* - MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help Stock

and here it is next to my customized Matsumoku Corsair. Very Happy

spec* - MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help Both

I know, I know...I need some knobs, but I'm not a knob myself, I swear.

Last edited by knuge on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
knuge
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

spec* - MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help Empty Re: MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help

Post by Iceman Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:47 pm

$35.00??? $35.00????? This guy you bought it from a friend of da' family or what?

Talk about "Eh, I know a guy who had one fall off a truck" Surprised Wink

BTW, is my envy showing? No cheers lol!

Congrats man, did you score and how !!!!!
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

spec* - MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help Empty Re: MIK *SPECTRUM I* identification help

Post by knuge Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm

lol. yeah, $35. I didn't know the seller either. cheers

Craigslist tip: After the seller replies to your inquiry, always search their email address on facebook or any other social network of your choice. If you get a hit, it could give your some personal info. on the seller that may give you an upper hand in the price neogotiation.

I searched dude's email address on facebook, got a hit and then discovered him to be a little adolescent puke ripe for the ripping. He bit on the $50 I offered him via email, and I tire kicked him down to 35 face to face, because the pots were a "dirty" and I didn't want the gig bag he was trying to tack on to the sale.

I know, I'm sick little man, but at least I got a sweet new ax to play and he got a bag of dirt weed to smoke with his friends. Twisted Evil
knuge
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knuge Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:10 am

Now that the Westone info site is back up, I can see that I misidentified this as a Corsair when it is actually an '88 Spectrum I.

Why were Kahler trems put only on the low line Spectrum model? I've never played the Bendmaster, are they far superior to the Kahler Fulcrum/Spyder?

I'm confused...
knuge
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down