The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Spectrum ST Bass Left Hand + Hard Case

+2
THEBARRON
thunder1
6 posters

Go down

spec* - Westone Spectrum ST Bass Left Hand + Hard Case Empty Westone Spectrum ST Bass Left Hand + Hard Case

Post by thunder1 Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:03 am

I'm tempted to put in a bid on this one myself, but I'm not really a bass player and it's not my kind of Mat.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Westone-Spectrum-ST-Bass-Guitar-Left-Hand-Hard-Case-/180642589660?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item2a0f232bdc

A lefty, slightly knocked about, with a case.
Any lefties in Australia (near Sydney) interested?

Regards,

TC
thunder1
thunder1
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

spec* - Westone Spectrum ST Bass Left Hand + Hard Case Empty Re: Westone Spectrum ST Bass Left Hand + Hard Case

Post by THEBARRON Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 am

Geewiz, I would nearly wack a bid myself mate, just to Have it.
I play with the right, would be a good catch for some of the overseas boys though..
Cheers,
Richie..
THEBARRON
THEBARRON
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

spec* - Westone Spectrum ST Bass Left Hand + Hard Case Empty Re: Westone Spectrum ST Bass Left Hand + Hard Case

Post by Audile Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:00 am

Hey guys,

Thought I'd join the forums seeing as I'm now a Westone owner! Very Happy

I've read up a lot on these basses and it seems like i'll get many, many hours of enjoyment out of it. From what I've gathered these were built like tanks in the Matsumoku factory and use the same/similar pickup as an Aria of some sort? I'm fairly new to these guitars myself, but i've heard nothing but good things about them and figured at the right price I'd try one out.

Can't wait to play her!
Audile
Registered Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder1 Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:33 am

Postscript: It ended up selling for AUS$135 - a bargain....

TC
thunder1
thunder1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Audile Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:54 am

Yeah I got really lucky with it, didn't I? Lefties wouldn't come along too often either I'd imagine.

Heard so much about guitars from the Matsumoku factory, looking forward to playing her Very Happy
Audile
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder1 Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:08 am

Aaah, you're the one who got it!
Congrats! I'm a lefty, but I mostly play guitar and already have a Matsumoku bass, so couldn't justify buying it.
Great price.
Anyway, welcome on board. I take it you're from Sydney?

Regards,

Tony C.
thunder1
thunder1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Audile Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:57 am

Thank you, should be amazing to play. I'm really fond of the 80's era, so I had to add a jap made bass to my evergrowing bass collection. Only started playing it a few months ago [originally a guitarist] and I'm really enjoying it. I'm from Melbourne, I'll have it couriered down. I'm sure I'll love it! Where abouts in aus are you located?

- Anth
Audile
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder1 Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 am

> should be amazing to play

I hope you're not disappointed. I've only played 3 Mats, but they've all been gems!
Let us know what you think of it.

> Where abouts in aus are you located?

I'm in the inner-west of Sydney.

TC
thunder1
thunder1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Audile Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 am

I'll give you some feedback once i've spent some quality time with her, she'll have some stiff competition in my '88 G&L L2000, though. But i'm expecting a great, gigable bass nonetheless. I'm in Melbourne mate.
Audile
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Audile Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:05 am

Sorry for the double post, but do you know what sort of pickup these use? I've heard they're decent and also used in an Aria of some sort?
Audile
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 am

Audile wrote:do you know what sort of pickup these use? I've heard they're decent and also used in an Aria of some sort?

The pickup in the ST bass is known as "Magnabass I".. Magnabass are great sounding pickups but they are sometimes known just to die. I recently had to replace a duff one in my Spectrum GT bass.
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by THEBARRON Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:54 am

SINGE ITS FRETS OFF AUDILE!!!!!! Enjoy, getting a few cobber digger mates here boys, We may even be trendsetters...
THEBARRON
THEBARRON
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Cobber digger trendsetters, pheeeew confused
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:16 pm

grogg wrote:Cobber digger trendsetters, pheeeew confused

You hinting at a Google translate button on the forums, grogg?? Laughing
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down