The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder !-A

2 posters

Go down

Thunder !-A Empty Thunder !-A

Post by corsair Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Trade Me

...short auction, too and this will go for reasonable money, unlike the Clipper I just picked up £50!!

Last edited by Pollyanna on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : What else? The link of course!)
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Thunder !-A Empty Re: Thunder !-A

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:47 pm

That's nice! Smile

Do you not fancy going for it yourself?
Wink

Incidentally chaps, John was kind enough to get that Clipper for me!
When it arrives, I will be parting out the other Clipper that I have because unfortunately, the neck got broken on it and it was easier to replace the whole guitar than it was to try and find a replacement neck for it. For anyone who might be interested, it is fully loaded, although I'll be taking the original knobs off it to put onto the other one.

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:04 am

Hard to find a replacement neck? I have seen three or four Westone electric guitar necks on eBay in the last few weeks; I don't know if they would fit a Clipper or not, but if they were the right scale and happened to fit, a hybrid might be neat. This is assuming you still have the rest of that guitar, of course.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:55 am

Hi Kevin, Smile

Unfortunately, I have already tried other necks from my various Westones and none of them fit correctly. The Clipper neck is different to most of the others because it has large bolts with inserts in both the body and the neck that the bolts fit into. There was a Westone neck of that type on eBay a few days ago but I missed the auction and it was in the US so shipping costs and import duties would have made it really expensive.

I do still have the body of the guitar complete with all the hardware if anybody else is interested in trying to find a neck for it.

Pauline
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:18 pm

Pollyanna wrote:Do you not fancy going for it yourself?

I put in a bid and was immediately gazumped by an auto-bid, so no - I'm out! Besides, I really don't need another H/H as I have 2 already...that, and I don't really like the look of the Thunders!! Shocked

And if your 'new' Clipper is better than mine, well, all bets are off!!! affraid Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm

corsair wrote:
And if your 'new' Clipper is better than mine, well, all bets are off!!! affraid Laughing

Does that mean that I don't have to leave you all of my other guitars in my will then? (Snigger, snigger!) lol!

Pauline
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:25 am

Oh, no it doesn't!! I still get that red SX; that's set in stone and non-negotiable, so I suggest you make the arrangements yesterday!! lol! :flower:
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down