The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober

+2
Westbone
bowenjaybee
6 posters

Go down

thunder - Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober Empty Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober

Post by bowenjaybee Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:58 am

Found this pic on the net. anyone on here own it? its crazy Shocked

thunder - Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober Weston14
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

thunder - Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober Empty Re: Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober

Post by Westbone Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:43 am

Had to look twice and I am sober. Shocked

Fretted and a fretless, must weight a ton.

Kind of looks OK though.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

thunder - Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober Empty Re: Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober

Post by Warrn Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 am

Wow. I'd play it! Very Happy
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:28 am

That looks rather homebrew to say the least.. Laughing

On a different note i got one of them twin neck Aria ST;s. Weight isn´t as much of a killer as you´d think. A mere 6kg.
Nor is it all that cumbersome really-seing it´s a twin neck.

Compared to a Gibby SG twin it is downright both light and nimble,which just goes to show you that although it might LOOK a little unorthodox someone put some thought into the design of the ST.
Racing
Racing
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:06 am

That'd be the ST1512 that you've promised to me, right, Jesper?! Laughing That Thunder looks alright, though; I'm no great shakes as a bassist but I'd give it a crack, eh!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:59 pm

So the circuitry is dual routed to the knobs with an a/b sort of switching between necks? Or.... :?:
Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 pm

John.
For the sake of the ever continuing saga then... What a Face

thunder - Have a look at this Thunder bass..... but only if you are sober Normal_4%7E40

For the rest of you,this is an -80 vintage Aria Pro II ST. ST as in supertwin.
Had to change one of the pup pairs as they were shot,the miniswitches on the horns ain´t stock either as well as the stop bar for the 12 side.
It is cut n carved by uncle Mat as is though.
Notice the difference in inclination between the necks. More thought to that than you would imagine and the guitar doesn´t feel at all as cumbersome or large as it looks to handle.
Weight as noted comes in at a mere 6kg-seing it´s a twin neck after all. Compare that to some of the Gibbys 9kg and you get an idea.
Racing
Racing

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:03 am

hmmmm...someone should make a doubleneck Pantera.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:52 am

sarcaster wrote:hmmmm...someone should make a doubleneck Pantera.......

That would be sick!!! (In a good way). So who wants to cannibalize theirs? I mean which two of you???

Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down