The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is parting out all those Spectrums and Electras?

+6
The Chad
corsair
challpa
Barry
Iceman
colt933
10 posters

Go down

Who is parting out all those Spectrums and Electras? Empty Who is parting out all those Spectrums and Electras?

Post by colt933 Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 pm

On Ebay USA there are 5 necks, 5-6 several bodies, and some pickups.

guitarpart4u

Is it someone here?

Some of his prices are nuts - see the Floyd tremolos, old rack gear, etc.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Who is parting out all those Spectrums and Electras? Empty Re: Who is parting out all those Spectrums and Electras?

Post by Iceman Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Someone south of me. I see his stuff a lot on e(vil)bay. Description reads similarly for most all his auctions. Really odd way to show how much he loves Westies, huh? Evil or Very Mad
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Who is parting out all those Spectrums and Electras? Empty Re: Who is parting out all those Spectrums and Electras?

Post by Barry Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:44 pm

The bastid should be shot in his G string.
Repeatedly.

Paging Corsair...what is the correct ammunition to effect corrective behaviour here?
Howitzer perhaps?

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Barry wrote:The bastid should be shot in his G string.
Repeatedly.

Paging Corsair...what is the correct ammunition to effect corrective behaviour here?
Howitzer perhaps?

Not that anyone here would wish any sort of violence on anyone else...however...I have found that the match grade ammo that Federal manufactures has always produced for me. 168 grain HPBT to start. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by challpa Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Iceman wrote: Really odd way to show how much he loves Westies, huh? Evil or Very Mad

agreed - made me feel sick when I saw them
you cant tell me they weren't salvageable
thought of buying some of the bits to try to save one but not at them prices Evil or Very Mad
challpa
challpa
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:01 am

But he's not only "doing" Westones; I've seen all sorts on his listings - he's an equal opportunity bastard!! Evil or Very Mad

12g solid ....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 am

Iceman wrote:
Repeatedly.

Howitzer perhaps?

Not that anyone here would wish any sort of violence on anyone else...however...I have found that the match grade ammo that Federal manufactures has always produced for me. 168 grain HPBT to start. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I roll my own with moly-coated 155 Palmas over max charge + .7gr Varget in Winchester cases with CCI primers - laser beam in Steyr (sub half MOA). Of course Federal Gold Medal Match is the de facto factory match load and if you do not roll your own and you will be hard pressed to find a factory load that performs uniformly well in just about anything like the FGMM. I went from 3/4" groups at 100 yards to 3/8" when switching from the 168 Sierra to the 155 Palma - literally cut the group size in half.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:53 pm

I remember something like he tore them down to get the parts he needed make his collection factory stock (or something like that). He's got a gallery of this collection on this link, click here. Sweet collection! That Jerk. Yeah, I'm jealous. Mad

So anyway, send in the A-10 Thunderbolt II's. There's no need to get up close and personal when an airstrike is just so fun to watch. Just let me go save his Westie's first. Laughing

The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Wow, that is a sweet collection. Bastard! I love the Spectrum body style to death (reminds me a little of a strat and SG combined) but perhaps he should invest in a Westie with a different body. Very Happy They are all the same!

Last edited by hobster on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by caucajun Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:20 pm

:!: A_HA! it's a YANKEE! .(phew!).........for a minit there, i thought it wuz ME!

(git uh rope!)

Evil or Very Mad Mad Suspect affraid 🐒 Sleep
caucajun
caucajun

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:08 pm

colt933 wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Repeatedly.

Howitzer perhaps?

I roll my own with moly-coated 155 Palmas over max charge + .7gr Varget in Winchester cases with CCI primers - laser beam in Steyr (sub half MOA). Of course Federal Gold Medal Match is the de facto factory match load and if you do not roll your own and you will be hard pressed to find a factory load that performs uniformly well in just about anything like the FGMM. I went from 3/4" groups at 100 yards to 3/8" when switching from the 168 Sierra to the 155 Palma - literally cut the group size in half.

I used to roll my own as well, used Old Holborn and sometimes Golden Virginia.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by THEBARRON Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 am

L.O.L. (I love this place).
THEBARRON
THEBARRON
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down