The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin"

+3
Racing
Westbone
durian
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pickups - Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin" - Page 2 Empty Re: Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin"

Post by Iceman Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Barry wrote:I think I want one now. Pickups - Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin" - Page 2 Hyper bounce

Barry I must say NAY-NAY. Smile

Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Pickups - Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin" - Page 2 Empty Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin"

Post by fish Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 pm

[quote="Iceman"][quote="Westbone"]
Iceman wrote:
Westbone wrote:

durian if you don't like it I'll gladly take it of your hands. Smile

Dude I'm using proven Jedi techniques here, what are you built of, stone?? Shocked

As for these two jokers Rolling Eyes Barry too.

I actually like thin, I prefer newly soldered joins too, better than dry joins any Day, regardless what your Luthier says.
I hope you fix your lovely, but if you do get to the point where you really want to find a good home for it, look no further, as it is, regardless of all his help, Westbone has one, Iceman is at the back of the queue & Barry's only just started thinking about it.

Have to say though, if it did get to that point, if I were you, I'd pick up your Spectrum & hang the X350 back on that impressive wall of yours & just look at it.

Unfortunately I'm sure you will fix it & enjoy. Very Happy
fish
fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Pickups - Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin" - Page 2 Empty Re: Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin"

Post by Iceman Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:56 pm

I hope you fix your lovely, but if you do get to the point where you really want to find a good home for it, look no further, as it is, regardless of all his help, Westbone has one, Iceman is at the back of the queue & Barry's only just started thinking about it.

Gotta agree with Fish there durian, enjoy it man. Cool
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by durian Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Westbone wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Westbone wrote:

Dude I'm using proven Jedi techniques here, what are you built of, stone?? Shocked

What's Jed cyclops some kind of Trekkie
Here's my 'thin' sounding x350
Pickups - Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin" - Page 2 P7241139

Hi Westbone,

very nice picture. This is a real beauty. Congratulation! Looks like it is in mint condition. Are you the first owner?
Now, I see why your's isn't sounding 'thin'. Look at the bridge pickup. This is very close to the strings. Did it come setup as it is or did you do this setting?
BTW, what is your serial number?

And I wonder if you all would be interested we put all 48 X350 and all 96 390's with pictures and Serial numbers on ONE webside or into a special topic in this forum as a kind of archive and a tribute to these wonderful babies. What do you think?
Here is an example of such an archive of all 300 signature guitars of Ace Frehley (KISS).
http://www.acefrehleylespaul.com/ACE001toACE025.html

Thank you all. THIS IS A GREAT FORUM!

durian
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by durian Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

[quote="sarcaster"][quote="Westbone"]Here's my 'thin' sounding x350

This is my Thin sounding 350 Very Happy

/quote]

Looks delicious Very Happy
Very nice baby. Don't let her fall into the pool Wink

durian
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by durian Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 pm

[quote="fish"][quote="Iceman"]
Westbone wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Westbone wrote:

As for these two jokers Rolling Eyes Barry too.

I actually like thin, I prefer newly soldered joins too, better than dry joins any Day, regardless what your Luthier says.

Have to say though, if it did get to that point, if I were you, I'd pick up your Spectrum & hang the X350 back on that impressive wall of yours & just look at it.

Yes, my Spectrum is my favorite. However I got a new X300 yesterday. This is a killer. I never had a Pantera with 11,43 Ohm on the bridge pickup. This roars as nothing else. However it turns into feedback as soon as you turn with your face to the speakers on high volumes.

BTW how many of the X350 did show up by forum members?
durian
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 pm

[/quote]

durian wrote:

And I wonder if you all would be interested we put all 48 X350 and all 96 390's with pictures and Serial numbers on ONE webside or into a special topic in this forum as a kind of archive and a tribute to these wonderful babies. What do you think?

Thank you all. THIS IS A GREAT FORUM!

[/quote]

An EXCELLENT idea. Of course you meant after WE have cornered the market on said beasts (heh-heh) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Iceman wrote:

I seek a guitar from the "Signature Guitar Company" specifically the Odyessey, & Aurora, and there is a site for owners of those rare Candian guitars where they do exactly this. owners go on and list serial numbers ( I think about 400-700 guitars ever created from the company).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm

durian, lets start with your no.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by durian Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Westbone wrote:durian, lets start with your no.

Hello Westbone,

Do you think the admin of this forum (not sure who this is and if someone can ask him) could create a main topic in this forum something called "Picture Archive of rar Westone guitars" and below this we can create for each model a subtopic like "X350", "X390".
We could then add a quick instruction that every owner should add a subtopic with the serial number of his guitar and add ONLY two pictures. One full shoot from the front and one from the back, if possible with a black background so they look very nice side by side.

Just my thoughts.

Let me know what you think and if this is possible and I'm happy to add mine Smile

Thank you.
durian
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:46 am

[/quote]

Dang that looks good Westbone. Mine has a few extra dings in the finish but here is my thin 350 after the neck work and cleanup since I bought it.

This is my Thin sounding 350 Very Happy

Pickups - Pantera - 75 Humbucker Pickups do sound very "thin" - Page 2 Img00110[/quote]

That's a nice bit of lumber on that one. Smile
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2