The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85

5 posters

Go down

thunder - Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85 Empty Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:21 pm

A total bargain if you live near Inverness Scotland

LINK
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

thunder - Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85 Empty Re: Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85

Post by hoax Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:08 pm

I have been in contact with the guy about it. I will update in due course.

Hoax
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

thunder - Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85 Empty Re: Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85

Post by prayerfox Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:08 am

Come on, did you get it? It looked good.
prayerfox
Registered Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:04 pm

No such luck. He would not post and I was not prepared to do a 7 hour round trip to collect.

Some you win some you lose!

Graham
hoax
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerfox Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Bit of a blow Graham. Never mind - onward and upward. I've just realised that is a worrying statement because the higher you go the further there is to fall.

TTFN

Chris
prayerfox
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hoax Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Anyway Chris

You have been a bit quiet for a man with at least 2 Westones. You have almost as many Westones as posts. Any updates?

Hope that you and your wife are well.

Graham
hoax
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerfox Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi Graham,

Sorry for the silence but you know I'm not a natural natterer and it's 3 Westones - A near mint Thunder 1A(1984) bought as new old stock 2 years ago which I'm frightened of playing in case I damage it, a battered Thunder 2A(1983) and a battered Concord III (1983) the latter two of which you already know about. Everyone appears so knowledgeable while I just like playing bluesish guitar - albeit in mediocre fashion.

I do have one word of wisdom. Anyone who does not have access to a fork lift truck should think carefully before buying a 1983 (Solid Maple) Thunder 2 or 2A. The sound is amazing but the weight is HEAVY. Being a cripple, I have to lever it on to my knee. If you use one on stage, get a VERY wide strap. I used to have a silver fox pelt which was outstanding but someone pulled off the tail during a gig - nearly took me with it!

Carol and I are very together and thank you for the kind thought. I must be in the good books because she bought me a space saver multi guitar stand for our recent 19th Anniversary.

TTFN

Chris
prayerfox
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

prayerfox wrote: Everyone appears so knowledgeable while I just like playing bluesish guitar - albeit in mediocre fashion.

Take no notice of us, Chris - we do tend to go on a bit and pontificate but we're really all in the same boat; we like Westone guitars and we like playing our Westone guitars... the skill level is absolutely immaterial!! Laughing Have we seen these guitars you mention??? Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:32 pm

corsair wrote:Take no notice of us, Chris - we do tend to go on a bit and pontificate but we're really all in the same boat; we like Westone guitars and we like playing our Westone guitars... the skill level is absolutely immaterial!
What John said! Me, I'm mainly a rhythm player and singer, so you won't find me doing too much musical gymnastics.

Sure, we have the odd member who has above average playing skill and experience (or so they say) but most of us are just happy and enthusiastic Westie (and Mats) players and we just love our guitars, pure and simple.
thunder - Thunder II - Gumtree - Inverness Scotland - £85 Playingguitar

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8688
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down