The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Stickers...?

+4
bowenjaybee
Barry
corsair
DreamRaven
8 posters

Go down

Westone Stickers...? Empty Westone Stickers...?

Post by DreamRaven Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

I think that this is the right place to post this...

I have been looking around recently for some Westone stickers, so that I can 'customise' some of my gear boxes, and other ancillary items, but as yet, have not found a source. IF you know of one, please let me know here.

I am a graphic designer for my day job, so I then thought, if there are none available, how about making some yourself?

I have a couple of suppliers who would be able to make them, but each supplier has a minimum order number, so the reason I am posting this is to ask if anyone would be interested in getting some stickers for cost plus postage (they should fit in a simple envelope).

My idea is to either get some clear vinyl stickers with a silver/gold/black/white logo printed, or to get some black stickers, with the white logo, a la the logo at the top of this page.

I _may_ also put a Westone URL on the bottom, under the logo, so should it be the .info domain, or the westoneguitars.net domain? Or, indeed an even better one.

This is a democracy, so, if you are interested, could you state:
- Clear Vinyl or Solid Black
- If Clear Vinyl, Silver, Gold, White, Black logo
- Domain? yes or no
- If yes, which domain?
- What size would you prefer Small (80x50mm), Medium (200x110mm), Large (300x160mm) [There might be the possibility of getting a sheet of various sizes, but I am not going to investigate that possibilty, if I get no interest
- How many could you feasibly use? (The price is going to be defined by the amount printed. The more I get printed, the less each item will cost. I will have to order a round number, any left over will be kept for sale to new members on request)

To start the ball rolling:
I would probably go for the Clear Vinyl with a Gold or White logo, I could use 10 of the medium or large size, and I think a domain could go on the sticker, and I would probably put the www.westone.info

What say you guys?
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Westone Stickers...? Empty Re: Westone Stickers...?

Post by corsair Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:32 pm

.... ask Thorn if he is OK with having his site name out there, though!! A bloke over in the ELECTRA forums has just done exactly this and sold them all in 2 days; I bought 2!!

I'm in - white on black would be my colourway choice, with just the bird over the word Westone!!

I'll repeat that... I'm in!!! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Of course, I thought I would ask Thorn (I just wasn't 100% certain that it was Thorn's site, as someone else who has posted recently also seems to not be)

OK... This is moving forward!
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:41 pm

It is my site. I wouldn't want the domain used on anything made for sale that includes any of the Westone logos.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Thorn.

Thanks for letting me know. You have my word that this will not happen.

I am guessing that whomever owns/runs www.westoneguitars.net might have the same attitude?

If so, no issue. No domain.
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:47 pm

DreamRaven wrote:Thorn.
Thanks for letting me know. You have my word that this will not happen.
I am guessing that whomever owns/runs www.westoneguitars.net might have the same attitude?
If so, no issue. No domain.
I don't think putting a URL on the sticker is a good idea anyway. Neither is a phone number or address. These things can all change over time and so become useless and annoying. Better to concentrate on the brand recognition and leave it at that methinks.

As to the actual version of the logo, are you talking about the older gold text version that appears on some head stocks and the HSC? Or the white bird design? The gold Westone script on my case is approximately 120mm x 30mm. It would be neat to have that on a clear background to apply to some unmarked teardrop cases. I like the white on black but I'm not sure what I'd put it on.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8697
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:35 pm

The only references I have are the mother of pearl inlaid on my 83 Thunder IIIv3, the case I recently purchased (which sounds similar to yours) and the logo at the top of this site.

I could download some advert from Thorns site, but I will probably photo one of the two real world versions I have and use that, unless anyone has an existing vector version, so I do not have to draw it.

I definitely wasn't going to put personal info on it. The domain was more for a 'what is Westone?' Info point, no other reason. But that idea has been retired
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 am

not too sure I'd care for stickers, I'm not into putting stickers on my gear, but T-shirts I would like

I've always liked albums / t-shirts with no band name on... just a logo or a picture that keeps you guessing

I opened coral draw and threw this together...now I would wear one of these.....

Westone Stickers...? T_shir11

or maybe this lol!

Westone Stickers...? Weston10

or what about this....

Westone Stickers...? T_shir13

(((Only joking Thorn Wink)))
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:29 am

bowenjaybee wrote:...now I would wear one of these...
Ya know, so would I! Twisted Evil
My ISP (Internet Service Provider) has a link in my Control Panel to a company called the Spread Shirt Company and I was musing this past week about producing (or offering via this company) some Westone branded items. They make it possible to sell customized merchandise on your web site, so I was thinking it could be fun to see the Westie logo come to life again. Nothing stopping you, DreamRaven, from going this route, unless you have an alternate method? Just an idea.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:17 am

I would like the white on black just like the logo at the top of the page. Not sure how many or how big I'd want them, though. And hell yes to the t-shirt idea.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:37 am

I am a reseller for Spreadshirt, which means I can get better quality images on the shirt.

I will work up a logo based on my case, put it into spreadshirt and see what prices come out.

Then I will create a page with options and link to it from here.

I probably won't do a dark side variation, Dave Gilmour lives too close to where I might wear it, and his lawyers are better than mine!

I might start with the full logo first, as that is the brand and look at options from there. When I have the logo drawn up, I can put it on anything,

It appears white on black is favourite at the moment
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 am

DreamRaven wrote:I probably won't do a dark side variation, Dave Gilmour lives too close to where I might wear it, and his lawyers are better than mine!

The dark side T was just a laugh as was the last one..... although white light going through a prism belongs to everyone and as Floyds cover designer Storm Thorgerson once said "The idea itself was cunningly cobbled from a standard physics textbook"
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:59 am

In which case the light is at the wrong angle for the Westone prism!

Very Happy
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:01 am

DreamRaven wrote:In which case the light is at the wrong angle for the Westone prism!

Very Happy

which is why I never made it as a physicist or a T-shirt designer Laughing
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 pm

And my Engineering degree is always at odds with my arty-farty pretensions!

Since I have been thinking about t-shirts this morning and what could be done with the two elements of the logo (bird, 'westone' word), I have the acorns of about 12 t-shirt ideas...

I am going to do the stickers, because EVERYBODY likes stickers! But the t-shirts might be a bigger runner...

Just to clarify, the stickers aren't going to be designed to go on 'gear' as in guitars, but I am definitely going to put one on my 'non Westone' hard case (hence my thoughts for a clear vinyl with white logo), the ol' toolbox or two, and possibly other flight cases, that need it. I will see the amount that I have to order as a minimum and go from there.
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:15 pm

One of my Electra stickers will be going on my wife's wee French convertible car, and I shall take a pic of said car with sticker prominent beside an old castle, or a German bunker here somewhere... just to make y'all envious!! Very Happy These are the stickers for Electra - note that the yellow is bright canary yellow, not the washed out approximation you see here...

Westone Stickers...? Photoon2010-10-01at0942

You can of course make your own T shirts ... I've made some T's for the bunkers I play around with over here, and they've turned out quite well, but to white on black, or black on white T's with the bird and/or logo... hell, yes!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by boutjp97 Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:50 pm

http://www.cafepress.com/westone
boutjp97
boutjp97

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-16

https://www.facebook.com/jason.bouton

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:40 pm

well that has peed on this parade, although personally I'd like just the logo without the Westone word, otherwise most people will think I'm wearing clothes from "West One" a high street ladies wear shop!

mmmmm but I'll have one of These
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:53 pm

bowenjaybee wrote:well that has peed on this parade, although personally I'd like just the logo without the Westone word, otherwise most people will think I'm wearing clothes from "West One" a high street ladies wear shop!
Yup, I 'd prefer just the bird logo too. This feller appears to be associated with SpreadShirt as well and has pretty much every variation possible! I'm not sure if the thumbnail samples are truly representative of the scale of the logo on the items, but they look way too large to me. Personally, I'd prefer a smaller, bird only emblem, heart-centred rather than a huge splash across the chest.
...mmmmm but I'll have one of These
Now, that's entertainment! clown

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:24 pm

The logo looks a little poor in quality, and I agree, a little large.

I don't particularly want to order one to find out how good or not they are...

There doesn't need to be only one shop on the high street, and I will do them to my standards at cost to forum members.

stickers were the original angle...
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:43 pm

The prices there seemed a bit steep though; £3 for a sticker is usurious.... I'm more than happy to pay a fair price but I'd rather it was someone I 'sort-of" knew...

Yeah; on reflection - read, jumping on the bandwagon!! - bird only!! Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:22 pm

OK

Stickers first, as this was the original thread

How about this for a price:
one clear vinyl sticker at 130mm x 80mm, with white/gold/silver ink (as most things it is likely to go on will be black) with the bird and 'Westone' text at £2.50 inc P&P

Two black stickers with white logo plus 'Westone' (as close to the above, but without rounded corners) at 74mm x 52mm for £1 inc P&P

If you have one of each, I will do for £3 all in (three stickers, one clear vinyl, two black)

I need a final colour for the clear vinyl. I am going for gold (or at least close to gold, I do not have a Pantone colour to match), but need a rapid response.

I have to order 100 vinyl/200 black to get the above price
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:35 pm

I'm in for two of each...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Very good, Two of each for me as well. Very Happy
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Stickers have been ordered, and the price is still the same. Images of what I ordered below.

When I receive the items and am happy to pass them on, I will post a PayPal link for the items. If people want different combinations/numbers I will do postage to the UK at 50p, international, I will have to investigate, but I would think £1-2 should cover it...

The supplier that I have found basically does relatively low number stickers, of pretty much any type, so I can do metallic silver or gold stickers with whatever you want printed on them, self cling clear stickers (for the inside of the car window), bumper stickers (in the American stylee), or whatever... So, if you have a need, and a design already set up, PM me, and I will get you a good price! (if this info is out of order, moderators, let me know and I will edit the post).

Westone Stickers...? 130x8010
The white in this image will be transparent on the sticker... I could have got it metallic gold ink, but that would have cost twice as much, so it is plain 'gold coloured'

Westone Stickers...? A8_whi10
The black, with white logo... These should get to me first...

Next stop, t-shirts... That may happen tomorrow, it may happen next week
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:25 am

Terrific! Thanks for doing this man!
I'll be placing an order if I can figure just what the heck I need...I have some Westies in HSC's and others in bags so I'm not sure yet. Rolling Eyes

Also, I don't want my Vantages and Aria Pro II's to get jealous. Rolling Eyes
(Hey don't laugh. You should hear what they get up to after I close the music room door! Razz )

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:49 am

DreamRaven wrote:The supplier that I have found basically does relatively low number stickers, of pretty much any type, so I can do metallic silver or gold stickers with whatever you want printed on them, self cling clear stickers (for the inside of the car window), bumper stickers (in the American stylee), or whatever... So, if you have a need, and a design already set up, PM me, and I will get you a good price! (if this info is out of order, moderators, let me know and I will edit the post).

No problems so far but I feel that anything further along these lines should be done via email or PMs. Smile Like the gold on clear; classy!! You don't let the grass grow, do ya?! Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 am

All done on the selling now. The messages are there for all to see, let's leave it at that.

Grass growing? If you don't get it done soon, it rarely gets done, I find.

Artwork has been approved as correct from one printer (a long time supplier), the other should follow soon. Give it a week or two, and the items will be in my hand, then I will start mailing them out to all comers.
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkngood Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Have you closed the order-book on the stickers Raven?
norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:10 am

No, not at all! In fact, the only 'book' as such, was just to find out the level of interest.

I have ordered 100 of the black and 50 of the gold and will be available at the listed prices until all are gone. If become really popular I might order more.

The t-shirt issue is the same
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:59 am

Cool!!

OK, lads and lasses; could we do the ordering, and other purchasing-type stuff, of these through the PM or email, please?? Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Yes, what Corsair says... Although, I will post a link here for a PayPal process page...

I have been told by both printers that the jobs have been processed and despatched.

Clear vinyls are coming from the UK, so should have them tomorrow (hopefully), the black/whites are coming from Germany, so by the end of the week (again, hopefully).

Have supplier for plectrums, if anyone is interested. Need three or four 'definite yes' before I order. See other thread within this forum
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Westone Stickers...? Empty How do you like my 'official' Westone Hard Shell case?

Post by DreamRaven Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:01 am

Delivered this morning:
Westone Stickers...? Imag0014

And an 'artistic' long angle shot:
Westone Stickers...? Imag0015

And the reveal:
Westone Stickers...? Imag0016

Yup, delivered this morning were the clear vinyl stickers. And I am stoked! The quality of the print is superb. The vinyl is thick, and whilst the adhesive is strong, it isn't so strong that you cannot peel the sticker off and reposition, if you need to. Obviously, the longer it is in place, it is likely to stick harder.

The Black and Whites (smaller) should be here at the end of the week, but they are £2 a sticker (there are two on a sheet, so if you only want one, I will guillotine the sheet), plus 50p P&P.

PM if you want just vinyls. If you wish to wait for the other merchandise (other stickers, plectrums, t-shirts), to reduce postage costs, then, be a little patient...
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Westone Stickers...? Empty Would you Adam & Eve it?

Post by DreamRaven Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:44 am

Another postman, another box o'stickers!

On my music folder:
Westone Stickers...? Imag0017

As a 'tag' in a gig-bag:
Westone Stickers...? Imag0018

All stickers 'in use and arranged stylishly' (or read, thrown in front of the camera):
Westone Stickers...? Imag0019

I am preparing the PayPal stuff, and will post that next.

Yes, the title to the post is another linguistic link to my home town of London
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Westone Stickers...? Empty PayPal links for the stickers

Post by DreamRaven Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:26 pm

For the gold on clear vinyl stickers, illustrated above:
Buy 1x Gold on clear vinyl sticker for £2.50 inc P&P

For the Black & White stickers, illustrated above:
Buy 2x B&W stickers for £1.50 inc P&P

I have had to add 50p to the price of the Black & white stickers, due to a couple of unforeseen costs in production, but that does include postage.

From what I understand, if you click both links, it should add the items to a PayPal shopping cart, and only charge you one postage charge per 'item', so you can load up with however many items you want, and you will only pay 50p for postage for each. So, if you order 2 b&w stickers and 2 vinyl gold, it will cost £4 all in. Apologies for not being able to simplify it any more than that, but it will take me a day of coding a page to allow that, and that then makes the expense of producing these items multiply by 3-4 times, making the cost of each item increase by more than the 50p postage charge.

So, prices, in summary:
Vinyl sticker: £2
2x B&W stickers: £1
postage for each: 50p

If you do not have a PayPal account, or do not want to use them, please PM me, and we can arrange another payment process. When I get the payment, I will send the package out in the next working day.

If anybody has any problems, with anything to do with this, please PM me and I will endeavour to do whatever I can to solve the issue.
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:49 am

Okey dokey, gang - time to front up with yer cash; I have my stickers and they are good 'uns; I already have one on my car! The Paypal links worked as they should and DR had them in the mail the next morning so kudos for that, man!!

Westone Stickers...? Westonestickers

...that's my Electra ones in the background; I still haven't figured out exactly what to do with the clear ones but I figured I'd have some anyway as DR went to the trouble of a.) canvassing opinion in here, and b.) actually having them done.

I'm suitably impressed; thanks, man!!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks Corsair!

The Vinyls were the original idea, as 'flight case decoration', but I have put one on my wheelie bin, too!

Check the other 'Toner' merchandise threads for more news!

DreamRaven

PS, how did you graft that extra arm on your back? Does it help with your shredding?
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:24 pm

sticker arrived today cheers really adds a nice touch to my old Ibanez case that I keep my Thunder 1A bass in.

Cheers DreamRaven

Westone Stickers...? Case10
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Real glad everyone is happy who has ordered so far!

Not pushing to make a profit, more pushing 'cos I got a lot of them... Prize for the person who orders that last one Wink

"Get your stickers here, get your stickers here, whilst they is hot:" bounce

Links in previous post, above ^
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Oh, and I know about yous guys who is waiting for the plectra/picks/pleks/plectrums/those bits of flicky thing that you hit dem axe strings with yeh?

I is waiting too... hopefully this week?
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:15 pm

DreamRaven wrote:Real glad everyone is happy who has ordered so far!
Not pushing to make a profit, more pushing 'cos I got a lot of them...
"Get your stickers here, get your stickers here, whilst they is hot:"

Yep; more than happy!! Cool

C'mon people, get the barbed wire out of the old pockets and support the man!! While we're at it, go over to Thorn and support him too!! Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down