The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prestige 250

5 posters

Go down

prestige - Prestige 250 Empty Prestige 250

Post by Silverfox Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:31 am

This looks very nice....

LINK

Does that look like a replacement tail piece? Doesn't look like the normal curvy Westone one

David
Silverfox
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

prestige - Prestige 250 Empty Re: Prestige 250

Post by Old Gregg Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 am

Indeed, lovely looking piece of work there Smile .

Not too sure about the £600 starting price though Neutral . Compared to what you'd have to pay for a similar era Gibson Les Paul (not their best period, I believe), it's cheap enough, but compared to what you'd pay for a lower spec Westone, it still seems a bit on the high side to me.

The tailpiece doesn't appear to be original either, from what I've seen in the catalogues and magazines over the years.

Will watch with interest!
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Post by logicaljohn Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:05 pm

One never really knows where to go with starting prices on ebay. I just sold an original Chrysler (Hillman) Imp manual for £1. I had put a starting price of 99p on.

Weighing in a 2.2 k , postage is £12 -odd to Denmark, (of course , the purchasor is paying..) but its nice to know (or at least think) it's going to a good home.

The starting price for that Prestige does seem a bit steep, though tis a lovely looking top of the range instrument, but I guess if everyone else thinks that, it won't sell...

Like my Charles and Diana Cup and saucer and the starting price for that was only £4.99

Sorry for stating the bleedin' obvious ...

(Anyone for a Nissan Micra Mark 1 manual ... ? ) ( affraid ).... ok ok ,,. I know the rules about not selling stuff..... if anyone here wants one its free !! (I'm clearing my cellar )
logicaljohn
logicaljohn
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/cosmiclobster

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:01 pm

It's very pretty.

I don't think the price is out of reason. This item is rare and looks to be in very good condition. How many can there be like this one?

The seller doesn't seem to know much about it as he states thru neck and P90 pickups, neither of which is correct.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kazzelectro Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:23 pm

Back for a quick visit. I see there's another Prestige up for grabs. The tailpiece is obviously not original. It looks very much like an Ibanez Artist tailpiece. The tailpieces are 74mm wide vs 78mm for a Les Paul tailpiece. As such, it is very difficult to find a replacement tailpiece. I have the same tailpiece on my project Prestige. And yes...too pricey IMO for a non-original guitar with a laminated flame top. I recall the last one went for around $750US.
Good to be back!
Kazz
kazzelectro
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down