The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass?

2 posters

Go down

BASS - Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass? Empty Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass?

Post by PaulS Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:15 am

Specifically a Thunder bass? I wonder which model, if so - GB7? And is it worth fitting something that costs more than the bass did? BASS - Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass? Icon_smile My band do a couple of numbers that need the E dropping, be nice to do it at the flick of a switch.
PaulS

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BASS - Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass? Empty Re: Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass?

Post by umpdv5000 Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:28 am

Even easier if you use a 5 string bass.
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

BASS - Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass? Empty Re: Drop D tuners - anyone fitted a Hipshot to a Westone bass?

Post by PaulS Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:39 am

I tried a 5 string for a while but couldn't get my head around it - the B string just got in the way! Perhaps a more workable option for me might be down-tuning to BEAD, as I rarely go up into the dusty end, but I wonder if that might still confuddle my brain in the way that a 5 string does. Maybe I'll try one day.
PaulS

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down