The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit

2 posters

Go down

BASS - Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit Empty Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:29 pm

My newly purchased Spectrum II bass active electrics did not work... I noticed a couple of wires had broken free and followed the wiring diagram from the Westone site. I soldered them in the right place but it was still not right!

I noticed this little thing on the active board but it wasn't on the wiring diagram it had 3 solder points but had broken free at 2 of the points. I thought ok I'll remove it and resolder it. When I removed it I tried the bass and it came to life and worked fine!..... Anyone know what is it? or what it does? some sort of after modification maybe? it has piher Spain embossed on it

Cheers

Jay

BASS - Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit Strang10
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

BASS - Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit Empty Re: Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:01 pm

It's a preset potentiometer, used instead of normal pots when you want to pre set a value, not keep changing it like on normal volume pots. I'd guess someone put it in to limit the amount of extra gain when the actives were switched on. Definitely a modification.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

BASS - Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit Empty Re: Strange thingy on Spectrum II Bass active circuit

Post by Barry Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Hey, another wrinkle just formed in what's left of my gray matter.
Always learnin' sumpthin' new here. afro

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Thorn wrote:I'd guess someone put it in to limit the amount of extra gain when the actives were switched on. Definitely a modification.

and it had broken loose at 2 points which now explains why the actives didn't work!! Cheers Thorn for the much appreciated information
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down