The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck)

+2
corsair
stuyvo
6 posters

Go down

spectrum - WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck) Empty WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck)

Post by stuyvo Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:06 am

as per title, my spectrum ST has been sitting unloved and neckless too long, willing to concider any neck that would fit; must be willing to ship to Australia but im happy to show ebay/other reputation if required.

any condition, needs to have some fret life though, fretless concidered also.
stuyvo
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

spectrum - WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck) Empty Re: WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck)

Post by corsair Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:31 am

There was one just on eBay but I can't find it now.... keep looking; they seem to turn up quite regularly!! In the meantime you could get an aftermarket neck just to keep you in the game, as it were!!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

spectrum - WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck) Empty Re: WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck)

Post by stuyvo Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:44 am

bump... still looking.

iv been checking ebay semi regularly but still no love.
stuyvo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:55 pm

You may want to ask the guys at the Electra forums.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Warrn wrote:You may want to ask the guys at the Electra forums.
That's likely your best match outside of a "Westone" branded neck, or you might also try over at the Matsumoku Forum. Perhaps an Aria Pro II or Vantage neck might work??
http://www.matsumoku.org/ggboard

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Just make sure the neck you get has the proper number of frets. I have an Electra Phoenix bass (the early version of the Spectrum) and a Spectrum GT bass and although the necks feel about the same, they are not interchangeable because the Phoenix only has 20 frets where the Spectrum has 22, and the bridges are placed differently to keep the correct scale.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post by stuyvo Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 pm

ta mate, i'l try there too Smile

Barry wrote:
That's likely your best match outside of a "Westone" branded neck, or you might also try over at the Matsumoku Forum. Perhaps an Aria Pro II or Vantage neck might work??
http://www.matsumoku.org/ggboard
ta for the url mate

Warrn wrote:Just make sure the neck you get has the proper number of frets. I have an Electra Phoenix bass (the early version of the Spectrum) and a Spectrum GT bass and although the necks feel about the same, they are not interchangeable because the Phoenix only has 20 frets where the Spectrum has 22, and the bridges are placed differently to keep the correct scale.
will do, I would have personaly thought they were the same so thanks for that piece of info Very Happy

still bumping this, im not -that- active on the forums but if anyone finds anything or has one they want to sell feel free to PM me or email me Very Happy
stuyvo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:15 am

hey stuyvo don't know if you are still looking but there is a neck for an ST bass on ebay UK... seller posts to Australia too!

ebay uk link

Jay
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by stuyvo Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:56 am

bowenjaybee wrote:hey stuyvo don't know if you are still looking but there is a neck for an ST bass on ebay UK... seller posts to Australia too!

ebay uk link

Jay

i'm still lookin mate, still thinking if i'l just put a 5string neck on it for now though; I have spoken to the bloke whos link you just posted a while ago but looking at the body that it came off I think i'l stay far away from that one :\

[edit]: thanks for the link though, I appreciate it Smile
stuyvo
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

spectrum - WTB: westone bass neck (for a spectrum ST, will concider any neck) Empty If you still need one....

Post by chaypup Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:47 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Westone-Spectrum-GT-Bass-neck-/280605833419?pt=Guitar&hash=item41556938cb#ht_500wt_951
chaypup
chaypup

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down