The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!!

+2
corsair
bowenjaybee
6 posters

Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Empty Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!!

Post by bowenjaybee Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:35 am

Just checked completed listings and saw this

Link

Looks like a Spectrum LX.. ..anyone??? I'm not really clued up on all the different Spectrum models ..

someone got a bargain though looks like an original case too!

bugger!!

Last edited by bowenjaybee on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Empty Re: Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!!

Post by corsair Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 am

Ahhh hell!!! I never even saw that one; Spectrum MX in transparent blue.. I'd've gone quite a bit higher than £80-odd!!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Empty Re: Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!!

Post by Baluski Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 am

The one I've been keeping my eye out for...oh well, I'm sure another will turn up eventually.
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:10 pm

So; competition, eh?! spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Icon_lol Best you let me know via PM if you're gonna have a crack at one so that we don't end up bidding against each other!! spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Icon_lol
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Cerulean being my favorite color, one of these beasts need to added to the family! =)

I'll let you know if I have funds at the time and decide to go bid crazy.
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Baluski wrote:Cerulean

Jeez, mate that's a bit flash... I just call 'em blueburst!! You got the PM I sent ya???
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Baluski Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:53 pm

I run an embroidery shop and cerulean is the blue I always suggest to customers, the only reason I know the name. Laughing
Baluski
Baluski
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Baluski wrote:I run an embroidery shop

now that's Rock 'N Roll Cool
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold4140 Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 am

Weird, it looks identical to my Spectrum MX, except it doesn't have the floating trem, or am I missing something???? spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Icon_redface

spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! 12022010
Penfold4140
Penfold4140
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:52 am

There were 2 trans blue models; the SX and the MX, the difference being that the SX had the Bendmaster FT + stringlocks, and a coil split and the MX didn't; it had a 2 point floating with no string locks and only had the phase reverse option for the h/b....

http://www.westone.info/spectrummx.html

http://www.westone.info/spectrumsx.html

(Doesn't Thorn do good work?!)

... and if you don't want that, man, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands!! Those fret board markers are intriguing...
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Penfold4140 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 am

I'm still confused spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Icon_redface So is the one from ebay an SX or MX? The trem looks the same on the pictures on westone.info for both, although I noticed it mentioned at least 2 different versions of the SX. I just assumed with the ebay one being trans blue, having only 2 pots, and a H/S/S pickup arrangement, it would be an MX. spectrum - Westone Spectrum ..,.another ebay bargain that I missed out on!!!! Icon_rolleyes You know what they say about assumptions, eh???

The fret markers on my MX are the bane of my life!!!!! They were on there when I got the guitar, and I wanted to take them off, but don't want to risk leaving sticky marks on the fretboard. The guy who had it before me said he couldn't see the original black markers very well, so he put those little paper hole reinforcers on them. It doesn't affect the playability at all, I just don't like sticking things to guitars.

I've been thinking about getting rid of it recently, as I've moved more toward acoustic, but dunno whether it's worth flogging or keeping hold of. Decisions!!!!
Penfold4140
Penfold4140
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:40 am

Oh no!!! This is just unfair a Westone Rainbow gone for £120

LINK

I gotta stop looking at completed listings it's torture
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve777 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Where on earth was this Rainbow on Ebay? Most days, using the Ebay search engine, I input "Westone" and I never saw this! Was this a one day listing? Frustrating !
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Seems the Rainbow was listed last night at 22.22 as a buy it now and was bought this morning at 08.24 by the lucky finder

The spectrum was also a buy it now and went in 6 Minutes Shocked

both would have looked great in my collection Evil or Very Mad
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Well I'll be dipped in dog dirt!!! Lucky dog, What a result. Wasn't me.

Not long ago I asked on ebay if they had a buy it now price for a Thunder 1 bass, agreed a price and the seller put up a BIN for me and some bugger nipped in as they did it, swinehund!
That's life.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down