The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimension IV Wiring diagrams and User manual ??? And bridge questions

2 posters

Go down

manual - Dimension IV Wiring diagrams and User manual ??? And bridge questions Empty Dimension IV Wiring diagrams and User manual ??? And bridge questions

Post by curryma Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey guys.

I am new to the forum because I am the very happy owner of a new (to me) Dimension IV. I am going through the initial sorting and I have some issues with wiring and the bridge.

Questions -

1. Where can I get some info on what the push/pull pots and switches do and how they are supposed to be wired?
2. Where can I get some new pots?
3. Will a Floyd Rose bridge bolt up to this and is this a wise modification?
4. Where can I get a replacement locking nut. The existing one is stripped.

Yeah, I know.... lots of questions. But this axe is a whole new ball game for me.

Thanks,

Mark
curryma

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

manual - Dimension IV Wiring diagrams and User manual ??? And bridge questions Empty Re: Dimension IV Wiring diagrams and User manual ??? And bridge questions

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:41 pm

curryma wrote:

Questions -

1. Where can I get some info on what the push/pull pots and switches do and how they are supposed to be wired?
2. Where can I get some new pots?
3. Will a Floyd Rose bridge bolt up to this and is this a wise modification?
4. Where can I get a replacement locking nut. The existing one is stripped.

Hello Mark and Welcome! Smile

In answer to all your questions, (apart from the Floyd Rose one), check David's site out for information and for spares, you should find everything that you need there! Just click on the link at the top of the page to visit Westone.info.

Let us all know how you get on and put some pictures up of your guitar when you get it sorted.

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

manual - Dimension IV Wiring diagrams and User manual ??? And bridge questions Empty Re: Dimension IV Wiring diagrams and User manual ??? And bridge questions

Post by corsair Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:22 pm

curryma wrote:3. Will a Floyd Rose bridge bolt up to this and is this a wise modification?4. Where can I get a replacement locking nut. The existing one is stripped.

I have a feeling fitting a FR bridge requires some extra woodwork with a router, but some in here will know exactly what's needed! What's wrong with the Bendmaster? Most things are fixable, and the Bendmaster Deluxe is a pretty robust piece of kit to start with!
The locking nut is available from the Spares department at .info, as are all of the nuts, bolts and shims you probably need as well!! I don't whether a Floyd Rose bridge and a Bendmaster Deluxe behind-the-nut lock will marry up; once again someone will be able to help, hopefully!

Hey, man - we need pix of the Dim 4 - we love to live vicariously in here!! Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down