The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK

+2
Annoying Twit
bowenjaybee
6 posters

Go down

switch - SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK Empty SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK

Post by bowenjaybee Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Just saw this on ebay UK completed listings

LINK

Someone will be happy tonight after getting that crazy bargain, anyone on here get it?

bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

switch - SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK Empty Re: SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK

Post by Annoying Twit Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Wow! I would have bought that and asked questions later had I seen it. £7.06 postage too!
Annoying Twit

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

switch - SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK Empty Re: SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK

Post by Barry Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Holy Canada Goose droppings!! Unbelievable!
Looks like the selector switch was swapped out for a Gibson but hey, who cares for this price?
Amazing.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anaerobe Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 am

Sick price. I've never seen one cheaper than that. Is this some kind of record? Laughing The few odd thousand Scots-derived genes in me are desperate to know.
anaerobe
anaerobe

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:05 pm

anaerobe wrote:Sick price. I've never seen one cheaper than that. Is this some kind of record?

Nup it's cheap but not a record i remember seeing this Concord bass that went for £7.16 LINK

although it's a bit of a banger it's gotta be a record!

but i suppose the Spectrum wins when you add the postage on top
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:16 pm

anaerobe wrote:...The few odd thousand Scots-derived genes in me are desperate to know.
Ian, are you saying that you're a cheap bastard...like me? What a Face

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Annoying Twit Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:23 pm

This spectrum is "only" 21 times more expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/80s-WESTONE-SPECTRUM-/120562456771?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c121518c3
Annoying Twit

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Same guitar for a nice profit? or coincidence that they both have a Gibson type switch?

ebay LINK
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper1510 Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi All

Just joined the site as I have just bought my first Westone, and guess what it is the £15.00 ebay Spectrum!! although i wasn't the one that got it for £15.00. I bought it from that guy, still got a good deal though.

Can't wait for my first Westone, hope they are as good as everyone says!! Look forward to looking round the forum.#

Andy
Harper1510
Registered Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Welcome Andy and nice looking guitar, that switch plate & tip has to go though!!

Westones are great as I'm sure you'll soon discover.....but they can be addictive too and before long you'll be drooling over them when they come up on ebay

enjoy!
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

switch - SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK Empty Correct - The switch plate won't last long!!

Post by Harper1510 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi, your right, the Gibson plate and tip look so wrong, once I have the guitar in my hands I will get it sorted and post some pics of it hopefully back to it's former glory.

Anything I need to know about Westones, potential problems things to look out for etc?

Andy

PS, It feels like xmas eve!
Harper1510
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 pm

A good place to start would be to read this

Westone Development History

it's a post from Tom Presley a man who had a part in the design and manufacture of Westone guitars

Jason

bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

switch - SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK!!!! Spectrum ST for £15 - ebay UK Empty Cheers

Post by Harper1510 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Ta for that Jason will have a look now.

Just noticed your in Bradford, I played the Gasworks Club last Saturday, small world eh!

Andy
Harper1510
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Harper1510 wrote:
Just noticed your in Bradford, I played the Gasworks Club last Saturday, small world eh!

very small world indeed ! I know of the Gasworks but I have never been!! my gigging days have been left behind somewhere in the 90's.. I'm more of a stay at home with a cup of tea and polish my guitars type of guy these days Smile
bowenjaybee

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper1510 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:48 pm

The gasworks is not my sort of place either, I was just helping out a metal band on bass for a few gigs. I still gig though, the Spectrum will hopefully be getting it's first outing next week, bit of rock and blues is always a good test!!
Harper1510
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkngood Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Andy and welcome to the site.

I don't know if you are aware of the initiation ceremony for new members? If you have just bought a Spectrum with it's original Switchmaster knobs, it is considered good manners to remove them and send them to the first person who asks.... so that'll be me then Wink

Nah, seriously that was a helluva bargain. The Spectrum may have been at the lower end of Westone's range but it's a brilliant guitar. I've got a two and a Spectrum bass, so totally unbiased opinion of course. Built like a bunker and the best neck ever (and that includes guitars costing £00s more). You'll soon be watching ebay for another...
norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:10 pm

norfolkngood wrote:...The Spectrum may have been at the lower end of Westone's range but it's a brilliant guitar...Built like a bunker and the best neck ever (and that includes guitars costing £00s more)....
What he said!! Welcome Andy Smile
4 of my 6 Westones are Spec's and they're addictive! They're still among my fav's to play, and so comfortable to hang around yer neck, um, well except for the GT which is heavy bugger! Twisted Evil

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down