The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Dynasty

3 posters

Go down

Westone Dynasty Empty Westone Dynasty

Post by Shmoofer Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Hey everybody, I'm new to the world of Westone guitars, but from what I've heard and seen, they look really cool! I've been looking online to see if I could find any cool ones, and found a Dynasty with the original case. There is no picture or description, but they wanted $260+shipping, so probably around $300 bucks, I have no Idea what a good price for these are, so I could really use some help as to if its a good guitar at a good price, or if I should save my money for something else. Thanks guys, glad to finally have joined!
Shmoofer
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Westone Dynasty Empty Re: Westone Dynasty

Post by Warrn Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:48 pm

I would ask them for pictures before anything else. A Dynasty is as good as any other Westone, but without at least seeing it first (and with no description), there's no telling what condition it's really in. Value is all in what you're willing to pay. Sometimes you'll get a steal, other times you'll spend a hundred more than you feel you should, but Westone prices are very subjective and vary a lot. From what I've seen before, $300 would be a fair deal on a Dynasty with the original case, but I would make sure it's all original and has the whammy bar and, if applicable, string locks. It's hard to replace original parts.

In any case, welcome, and good luck in finding your first Westy! Westone Dynasty Icon_biggrin
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:50 am

Welcome here, and just to emphasise, don't buy without seeing what you're paying for; there are idiots out there and you've gotta be careful!
As Warren says, check for condition and that all parts are there - Westone spare parts are unavailable, especially trem parts and the knobs which are the parts that go missing most often.
And when you can see it, let us have a look as well!! Westone Dynasty Icon_biggrin
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Shmoofer Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:28 pm

corsair wrote:Welcome here, and just to emphasise, don't buy without seeing what you're paying for; there are idiots out there and you've gotta be careful!
As Warren says, check for condition and that all parts are there - Westone spare parts are unavailable, especially trem parts and the knobs which are the parts that go missing most often.
And when you can see it, let us have a look as well!! Westone Dynasty Icon_biggrin
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I wouldn't buy anything sight unseen unless it was one heck of a deal, but lets say this thing is mint, has everything original, $300 is a good price for it then I'm guessing?
Shmoofer
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Judging by the average Dynasty sale on eBay, $300 is fair, especially for a mint example. Usually the tips of the points are banged up.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 am

If it has all of the stringlock complete, it's OEM knobs and is in otherwise good nick, then yes, it's a good price, possibly even a great price! And Warren's right; the tips of the points may well be a little banged up but's that's not too major as long as the wood's in good condition, ie not broken or cracked, as a good paint shop can certainly fix most other dings. As could you if you felt like like it!! Westone Dynasty Icon_lol

When you get it, you must show us .....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down