The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a bridge for a westone dynasty

3 posters

Go down

bridge - a bridge for a westone dynasty Empty a bridge for a westone dynasty

Post by watch70 Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:19 am

Hi all I am new as you all know. But am hooked on electra and westone guitars. A little history. i repair watches and repair for a resale store that has been around for ever. He swells about everything. I have bought many guitars from this guy over the past several years. I noticed everytime he sells one another comes out on the floor. No body is selling them to him he has had them for years, I first bought my son a electra v dynasty 1983 3 months ago for $125 mint. I was amazed it is solid maple body and neck. It plays awsome. what awsome quality. you cannot get that quality today unless you pay huge money. 2 weeks later i walk in and he has a westone genisis II siting there brand new old stock, the purple pearl one. Yes i bought it for $200. He is looking for the case also i hope he has it. the guitar is complete new old stock still has the l wrenches on the back. what another awsome guitar. and i cannot believe the electronics inside with coils on top of the pots. even the 5 way switch is something i never seen before. In the meantime a week before buying the genisis. i bought a red dynasty v with the points off craigslist. the guitar was mint according to the add with the case. but the guy was screwing around and did not ship it until almost 4 weeks later. I got the guitar today and he did not send me the case. the guitar is not mint but excellent so i will keep it. But the he did not wrap it well and left the tremollo arm on the guitar. well ups stacked some heavy stuff on it and the arm broke the bridge. So i need a new bridge. it is a standard strat like bridge in black. i could get a replacment but i would like to have the original if someone has one. I know it is a shot in the dark but you never know. also does any one know what wood this guitar body has? it is lighter then my sons electra dynasty v. Mine is a 1984 model which says electa/ westone. Thanks tim
watch70

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

bridge - a bridge for a westone dynasty Empty Re: a bridge for a westone dynasty

Post by Warrn Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:14 am

Not sure what to say about the bridge aside from the seller being a moron, but both Dynasties should be maple body/neck.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

bridge - a bridge for a westone dynasty Empty Re: a bridge for a westone dynasty

Post by Barry Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi Tim and welcome.
Sorry, I can't help you with your bridge either. I have a few Westies but not this particular model.

But I am very intrigued to hear about that magic store that produces NOS Westones!! Over in the Matsumoku forum we recently had a similar thing happen to one of our members in Austria. He located a small music store in Germany that had a small treasure trove of NOS Aria Pro II's! Just a remarkable find, and startling to see 25-30 year old guitars being unwrapped for the first time.

If you have the resources, I'd urge you to buy up as many as you can reasonably afford. You already have discovered their quality, and lately people are becoming aware of how amazing these guitars are. The prices are climbing as the availability drops. You would always have an interested group here who would happily take any you don't want off your hands! bounce

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8701
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

bridge - a bridge for a westone dynasty Empty dynasty

Post by watch70 Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi barry
Yes you are right. I don't buy any new guitars as they all seem to be junk. Even the new Gibson Les Pauls are junk. I look them over and find the knobs are all uneven and high off the body. the binding is not straight or short. I see small touch ups others would not notice from mistakes. I don;t know what happen to them. But I look at it this way. the genisis II I have, blows away any Les paul for $3,800 today + many others in quality and sound.. I am waiting for him to put more out. I don't ask because he gets mad. i did get from him 3 other guitars that are also very well made from japan. all are mint. I bought 2 squire hm 1 which are very rare from the 1984 era. and one set neck squire stagemaster from about 1992 like new. these are 2 more secret guitars well made that people sell cheap. I am 100 % positive he has more electras or westones and who knows what else. And i bet he has the cases to. he is just old and don't want to move around. Tim
watch70

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Yeah, the old "names" aren't what they used to be, that's for sure, particularly Gibson. For some reason they're messing around trying to be 'hip' or 'relevant' or something with junk like the Zoot Suit SG fer Pete's sakes! And don't get me started on the 'relic' craze. Just rubbish.

Gibby and Fender need to stick with what made them famous. My '64 Gibson ES330 is an American made piece of craftsmanship. These amazing Matsumoku's are a unique window into a time when quality as well as innovation was paramount.
Grab 'em while ya can. We'll not see their likes again.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8701
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down