The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say hello...

+323
ZeroTheHero
kster68
Goldengirl
Westtwo
bjjool
Jarek
t4lturner
WestonesAndWashburns
aholt68
MaxFubar
reperon
Rrr1
jorge bass
BQmusic
deanodley
Lubalin
eggore
thunduak-1
ito18
Heliwr
Bucky Toothface
Red Lum
RedCrowBleeding
Rob Gnarly
PhilB
dsmcl77
prestigenut
fcojavi
Honky
Naulen
jcl
DeargDoom
LanceT
williewilkens
Stevieu
Mr_Goat
capnfunky77
FritzKatt
Schmokko
axazeal
Shaky fingers
Ro_S
obsoleteman
togril
gray haze bass
3mmo
Adelscott
Gilles
hyster
dutchie350
jonslock
RustyG
dshield92
rasputin666
BrunoOnBass
JAJones
BriGuy1968
Steveb
BrianP
Dynasty
David_A
The PiB
Guldur
RichTheLimey
BC Witch
Hardcore.Rockr
zen-box
wadeshad
Dan63uk
LightninRick
195db
storme37
DerekWildstar
Spiritinthesky99
HarperBlue
Harmann
shaneg
rideough
enaich
Cloggy
Stickymagician
Hami
nusior
supercharger
beefy thunder1a
AshNathens
jimmydime
andymunro73
JeffHopkins
Lardzeppelin
SIMON BURRETT
Papa Slayer
Raymondo
Grungebob
pulu
SteveD
westcoaster
Brett Randy
Greg P
alcoholocaust
80sChris
Old Man White
motociclor
Newbie1
The Don
sherlockdan
Rifkinn
urban_paranoia
DingDongDen
Rocket1
bigwelly2000
Where is my mind?
musicmutt
Catalyst
pererock
Roger hallard
Spudicus
esseff
Jamman
Autumn319
IronSkillet
pittpunkfo
BlindRubbernecker
carpcutter
punkyjam67
sqWarkbox
DimensionIV-addict
kristotoff
jeff fae scotland
Bone_idle
Kevh
King of the Stuntmen
shanesfords
patto82
fr3t2
KC
Sgt. Vimes
45Bodie
WestoneJon
RehanMahmood
blackstrat
GtrGeorge!
jim
arcelsv
micthetic
roj62
fergybass
deztone
Leon Transaxle
koky
Society
Kremen53
sbendz
Stefan 4
zl1wt
Fragsie
Cov
thegig10
neverwas
Thunder-Chunder
METESKY
Bee#884
xrleroyx
pilotfish
Chappers
DamienAllen
McToot_the_Bat
The Chad
ianrunci
axecollector
Ainsley Stones
mortarman120gang11c
bmoregeorge
Franco
sofa nova
mcbrat
501Spanky
bdmorgan72
SeanFMT
G.A.S. man
tabdog
JoeWalsh
Starrman
geopisano
ScreamingCockatoo
challpa1
xaranzaina
muttley
gittarasaurus
Itayke
DreamRaven
chaypup
the mudshark of desire
Rico_2212
Audile
madmuso
Thallium
Iceman
arcoddath
Philby
fish
The Guitar
Raider
IanO
beeflin
stpetecubby
rebuild
Westbone
OscarM
ChrisRoberts
Pelle64
Pro_Rico
mr mikey
crackle
Lowliver
jorg
xbarnesx
Racing
stuartb
AstroStrat89
Elan I
JoMo
Xavier
Shoegazer
steven1024
Baluski
thunder1
river
Harper1510
dischro
fluffware
richard_senior
THEBARRON
bobmarlex
marktigere1
bactuz
Sonny Griffith
nicholaspaul
untune
Dragondreams
Buddy Teague
bowenjaybee
pfbacon
prosonic
beefystrat
RCSBlues
Barry
GD K9
AndyGoblin
joediq
Thing T. Thing
Qwertyco
scubba.steve
rainbow11
Henning
KNM
diddydave
Ttone
oldad70
BilletGarage
pootyman68
north-west-one
DuoFuzz
kebabage
anaerobe
grogg
Trevor
hendrik
toxbass
fox
Pete James
halo71
Obi Wan Russell
Certif1ed
MagicMikeyB
Crambone
Chris the Caver
pit
VikingFirebeard
norfolkngood
silence86
cnevins
Vikki
GTFPDQA
flynny
Steve777
jinxie_nz
Hyperion
Bunyip
prestigious
Messell
pmac
totnesdave
ppc6mm
The_Avenger
elzorillo
caucajun
danjob
Warrn
mattcadders
Old Gregg
king koeller
clarky
catonine
FarToMany
logicaljohn
hummel
MarkW
TheShaggyDA
Fragile
challpa
colt933
Joseph St. Ides
boutjp97
Confused
WilsonT
kb2nto
Bluesman
wayne weedon
Sfalj
corsair
Administrator
327 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Re: Say hello...

Post by Barry Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:30 pm

I'm even more bad mannered than our Polly! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_redface
A warm welcome to our new members and thanks for your posts. It's especially nice to have another lady guitar player in the group! And don't be shy, the lads here are mostly harmless. matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_rolleyes

And a special welcome to Kees...glad you came over to the dark side! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_razz

Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GD K9 Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Not that dark Barry, although some here still seem to be in the dark about Vantage. I've seen Corsair guiding them to the Light, but you seem to lag a little matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol
There should be more cross-communication between the forums (here in Holland, it's 'fora', but I'm not sure what it's called in English matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_redface ). I know by now any Westone is as superb as any equally classed (Matsu-made) Vantage, but do the Westone supporters know it's the same way around? I think the Vantage brand was better known here than the Westone's, in the first half of the eighties. some Westones made it through here though, I'll be on the look out! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_wink
GD K9
GD K9
Registered Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-30

http://www.guitardir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:28 pm

GD K9 wrote:...I've seen Corsair guiding them to the Light, but you seem to lag a little matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol
Hey I do my best. (Have a look at my current signature). I think our mod (Polly 'the Pink Booted One') might get annoyed if we chat too much about non-Westone gear, even if it is still in the same family. But you're right, we need more information sharing between the forums. Particularly when you suddenly get a "Tom Presley" to appear!!

...I think the Vantage brand was better known here than the Westone's...
It's hard to say. Certainly there's a strong representation and history in the UK, but continental Europe may be another matter. In Canada it's about equal between Westone and Vantage, at least in my little corner of it. Vintage Aria Pro on the other hand is rather rare here, but appears to be fairly common in Europe (and Sweden!), especially the more exotic models. Interesting how the Mats labels were marketed around the world eh?

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Hello Kees and welcome from me! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile

Barry, you are getting way too cheeky, I might have to just come over there and boot you up the ass with my pink wellies if you don't watch it!
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol

Seriously though guys, any discussion regarding Matsumoku and St. Louis Music guitars is welcomed by me, even if they aren't Westones, and to have Mr. Tom Presley here as a member is an honour indeed! (I reckon the guys from the Matt forums are just peeved because he joined us and not them! Tee hee
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol )

Polly
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_queen matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty RCSBlues Here

Post by RCSBlues Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 am

Just joined -

Electra MPC owner since 1976 -

Current Electras can be seen here

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/RCSblues.php

and heard here

http://bandmix.com/rcsblues/

RCSBlues matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_cool

Last edited by RCSBlues on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
RCSBlues
RCSBlues

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-01

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/RCSblues.php

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:09 pm

G'day, RCSBlues - nice to see you in here and broadening your horizons!! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol It has always surprised me that Electra seem to have such a small following compared to APII, Westone et al but I suppose because they seemed to be only available in North America, it isn't that much of a riddle!!
I count myself lucky to have a Phoenix to go with my Spectrums, eh... especially one that came to me from Seattle! It's the only Phoenix, and indeed Electra, I've ever seen in NZ, bro, so that makes it a bit more special... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile
And the Westone/APII/Vantage folk haven't had a get together yet, so you're 1 up there..... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by GD K9 Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Pollyanna wrote:Hello Kees and welcome from me! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile
Well thank you Polly, nice to be here!

Pollyanna wrote:I reckon the guys from the Matt forums are just peeved because he joined us and not them! Tee hee matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol
Right on the sore spot! I was send to infiltrate on behalf of the Matsu-bunch secret service matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_twisted , but my cover was blown before I even entered my first posting matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_wink .
GD K9
GD K9
Registered Member

Registration date : 2010-01-30

http://www.guitardir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm

GD K9 wrote:...my cover was blown before I even entered my first posting...
Kees, you could never hide for long, you're too knowledgeable, and with too much to offer this lot!
Now, here's the plan...once Tom has run out of things to say about Westone, we pump him unmercifully about Vantage, Aria Pro II, and... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Fresse

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty hi from scotland

Post by beefystrat Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 pm

hi there just found the forum today Smile back in the mists of time i owned 2 westone thunder 1 a basses one was fretless since then i've moved onto guitar and currently have a strat an epi sg400 and a hohner se35 and my yamy apx accoustic but i have a problem. in the last month or so i've been looking at thunder 1a guitars on the bay when they come up , man i want one real bad Smile but currently not working (building trade has died a death here ) so i'm keeping my eyes and ears open and trying to pick one up cheap , well i'm off to read through the forum Smile later
Alan
beefystrat
beefystrat
Registered Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Welcome Alan - sorry to hear about work prospects being a touch dire; maybe you could sell one your 'other' guitars to fund a Thunder purchase?! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol
If you're a builder, you're good with your hands, right? well, maybe one of the munted guitars that turn up from time to time would do the trick? There'd be all kinds of advice forthcoming from the folk in here should you need it....
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by beefystrat Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:31 pm

hi corsair , theres a battle worn thunder jet on the bay just now needing a bit of tlc ,i'm hoping to win the auction Smile i'm trying to sell a few of my air rifles to fund a few new toys,i'm a joiner to trade and i'm pretty good at fixing and refinishing things (gun stocks ) so heres hoping i'll be a westone owner again soon Smile
beefystrat
beefystrat
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by norfolkngood Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Beefy, saw the TJ, good luck if you're bidding.

If it doesn't come your way "well-played" Westones aren't too hard to find on the 'bay.
norfolkngood

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm

beefystrat wrote: i'm pretty good at fixing and refinishing things (gun stocks )

... I have just got rid of all my guns - 'loaned' to friends! - because we're cruising around the world, but I was a reasonably able gunsmith and I loved working on stocks which is a skill that lends itself to guitar rebuilding!! Whereabouts in the world are you?
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by beefystrat Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 am

hi corsair , i'm in scotland , just outside glasgow mate .
beefystrat
beefystrat
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Hi all

Post by prosonic Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:43 pm

My name is Greg and I live in Missouri. I'm 36 years old and the divorced father of two. I play classic rock in a local 5 piece band, play country in a not so local 4 piece band, and do a traveling accoustic jam session (typically bluegrass) on most wednesday nights. I suck, but I've played with some pretty cool people: Steve Cropper (the blues brothers), Jan Howard, Mark Kunkel (Rolling Stones harmonica), Earl Lett (Ike and Tina Turner's first chair sax), Supe Grande (Ozark Mountain Daredevils), and I've been in the opening band for Black Oak Arkansas and Rick Derringer. Always trying to add to the list though.
My first guitar was a Sears and Roebuck Silvertone, with matching amp.
My first (and only) Westone is a Pantera Deluxe X350MA which I love and cherish.
I haven't been fortunate enough to come across another Westone, but I always keep my eyes open. I usually play an 84 Gibson Les Paul Studio, but I love to sit at home and play my pantera. I play through a Line 6 Mach 4 half stack on stage, but also have a solid state marshall half stack (hd100fx).
I am a fan of all music, but I would have to say Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tesla, brad paisley, Dave mathews, ACDC, from there all the way back to Johnny Horton, Jim Ed Brown, Johnny Cash, Jackie Wilson. I love ANY music that is good.
Thanks for welcoming me into your cozy little forum, and I look forward to talking with you.
prosonic
prosonic
Registered Member

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Hello and welcome, Greg and Beefy, matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile

It's always nice to read the posts in this forum and to get to know the newest members of the 'family'.

I look forward to hearing from you both, as well as all the other new members who haven't posted here yet.

Well, that's enough from me because it is way past my bedtime so I will just say to everybody, keep on rockin'!

Polly
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_queen matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Hi

Post by pfbacon Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi! I'm Peggy Foster Bassplayer.

I have a Westone Rail Bass, and a dozen other basses and instruments.

Lately I'm using the Westone a lot. People like the way it looks.

I just put new strings on it with the help of some of your members (thanks you guys!).

I have a recording studio and do the engineering (protools), I'm recording a CD of rock songs I wrote with my writing partner and we're producing the tour band, I'm playing in a band in the Valley (Los Angeles) and another band here in Palos Verdes where I live. I wrote and recorded a CD of comedy tunes; I just found an artist, a cool young guy named Nick Deane, to be the artist so I will re-record everything with him playing and singing. I wrote 12 MOR tunes for the Valley band, we'll record those this year.

I was in The Runaways when I was a teenager, I'm on a couple of Steve Vai's albums/CDs playing fretless bass (Travis Bean), I toured with bands and did about everything you can do in the entertainment industry, have been a musician since I was six years old, play guitar, slide guitar and piano and a few other things, mostly bass. MTV's movie about The Runaways just came out - it's not a documentary - The Runaways had 5 bassplayers, I was the second, they made up a composite bass player character for this movie. I'm also in the Travis Bean movie that should come out this year (they sponsored me in the 70's and are still really good friends of mine).

My myspace and facebook pages have photos, mp3s and funny stories ... Peggy Foster Bassplayer on both.

I'm trying to upload a photo of my Westone but it doesn't seem to be working - Using the photo thing in your toolbar above this box, I browse, the file shows up in your window but when I click on copy and upload nothing happens.

Ummm, looks like I need more technical assistance already ... Peggy
pfbacon
Registered Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi Peggy, great to have you with us!
You have a lot of experience under yer belt already and I look forward to your sharing it with us. Always great to have a working musician around to keep we old farts honest! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_razz

It isn't too often you come across a lady bass player either so good on you for that too!
Now, as for the pictures, you'll find it easier to link out to a hosting site like Photobucket, etc. (or MySpace) Copy the IMG code and paste it in.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Curious

Post by pfbacon Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 am

Sooo ... why won't this site upload from my computer like all the other sites on the internet do?

True Confession: I don't know how to photobucket, don't know what IMF is, there are so many other things I want to learn ...

Is there another way to get a photo of my Westone onto this site?

Peggy
pfbacon
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:10 am

Ahhh,.... OK then! Google Photobucket and then go to the site that you'll be directed to, and set up an account, which is free! Then you upload the pix you want on here to Photobucket - it's all really easy, believe me; I can do it and I'm a complete Luddite!! - and then when they have uploaded, if you pause the cursor over the photo thumbnail, a set of weird looking text will appear in a separate window; the one at the bottom is the .img code for posting to forums and you copy this with a right click and paste it into your post here!! Jobs a good 'un!

Really looking forward to seeing you and your Westone..... and welcome here!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:41 am

Welcome, Peggy! Glad I could help with your string change! Hope you love your Rail bass as much as I love mine!
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi I'm Jason from Bradford UK

Spent the last week or so looking through this site and it's great, some great stories and some nice pics.

I'm 37 and love all things 50's/60's/70's/80's/90's/00's - my main love is Punk/indie/goth/alternative such as The Smiths, The Cure, The Stone Roses, Cocteau twins, Joy Division, the list could go on all day, I love all music I'll listen to anything from Tchaikovsky to Kraftwerk, Pink Floyd, Kate Bush, Beatles, Led Zep, AC/DC, Elbow, U2, Buddy Holly, OMD, Fleetwood Mac, 70's Disco, 90's Dance......................you get the point

I'm originally a bass player but play guitar more these days, I bought my 1st Westone Thunder 1 bass back in 1990 and played them in bands for years. after a few years of not playing I got the buzz again and went in search of a Westone and found my latest Thunder 1 bass on ebay. I also own and play a Fender strat.

I have only just discovered this site and the other Westone info site and can't believe Westone made so many models of guitars, mind you some are not to my taste I can't see myself with some of the pointy glam metal type guitars that Westone made, but I love Thunders. I also like the look of the prestige and the rainbow guitars, I've never seen them in the flesh though, probably never will unless I become a guitar collecting addict and judging by some of the lovely guitars I've seen on here it could well happen....

Jay

Last edited by bowenjaybee on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Say Hello

Post by Buddy Teague Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Hello from sunny Florida, USA; although it is raining here right now. I am Buddy Teague, interested in MIJ guitars (acoustic and electric) I have one of each both have MASADA on the headstock, play very nice but I have no idea who is the creator, then I found this site and really hope someone will turn the light on, many thanks.
Buddy Teague

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Buddy! I'm not the only Floridian here anymore, haha. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Masada, but someone here might!
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Basses & Guns

Post by pfbacon Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:40 am

Hi,

What a coincidence, I'm into guns too. I have a couple, well, a few. Is it really a coincidence that so many of us on this site are into Westones and guns? Or do you think a lot of musicians like guns?

Peggy
pfbacon
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:34 am

I have one of each both have MASADA on the headstock, play very nice but I have no idea who is the creator,

Be patient, mate - I recall reading about masada somewhere on one of these forums; I'll see if I can hunt the thread down.... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol

Is it really a coincidence that so many of us on this site are into
Westones and guns? Or do you think a lot of musicians like guns?

Ted Nugent and James Hetfield like 'em too!! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin I had a armoury before we set sail and have only kept one old heirloom shotgun. I think it's the whole craftsman thing with wood and steel that does it for me; that and the fact that I used to feed my family with them!! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Bloody hell! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_eek

See what happens when I forget to log in or just skim over the most recent posts... I miss a whole bunch of new members!

So to all of you new members, a huge apology and a very warm, although somewhat belated, Welcome from me!
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

On the subject of guns, yes, I'm also into them as well! How strange! Perhaps the whole guitar/gun thing go hand in hand, (no pun intended) so to speak!

Polly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:31 pm

pfbacon wrote:Sooo ... why won't this site upload from my computer like all the other sites on the internet do?

True Confession: I don't know how to photobucket, don't know what IMF is, there are so many other things I want to learn ...

Is there another way to get a photo of my Westone onto this site?

Peggy

Hello Peggy and welcome. matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile

In answer to your question, you can PM me with your email address and I will get in touch with you directly and you can email your photos to me if you wish. I have done this on quite a few occassions for some of the members who have had problems uploading their photos. I'm always happy to help out here as much as I can and if anyone else is having the same problem, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Polly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Masadas' 'n guns?

Post by Buddy Teague Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Be patient, mate - I recall reading about masada somewhere on one of these forums; I'll see if I can hunt the thread down.... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol

Many thanks Corsair, I look forward to the thread. tell me if I can and how to post a picture of the Masada and I will, it's a beauty, plays smooth. I really am an acoustic nut just breaking in to "Black 'n Deckers" (to quote Doc Watson). I reall don't know which one to pick,??? shoot did I do a funny? hahahahaha ,, I crack me up!!! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_cheers---matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_cheers
Oh well please excuse me, anyway pickin or playing guitars is fun, playing with guns is more serious, but one should be well aquainted with them I think. thanks again,

Last edited by Buddy Teague on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove stuff)
Buddy Teague

Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Polly - Photos

Post by pfbacon Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:41 am

Hi Polly,

Thanks!
If you email me there I will have your address to send photos of my weston to.
It is very photogenic!

Peggy

Thanks Peggy,

It isn't advisable to display your email address so I have removed it from the post for your own protection. I will be in touch with you shortly, I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

Polly

Last edited by Pollyanna on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed personal information)
pfbacon
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Newbie checking in!

Post by Dragondreams Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:53 am

Hi all matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

I found the site by accident earlier today while I was looking for information about my own Westone Super Headless...

I'm Paul and I'm in West Yorkshire in the UK. I've been a bass player for around 40 years (I'm 50 this year).

Three years ago I had a mid-life crisis and decided to learn to play six-string guitar (some of my efforts are on the web here: http://soundcloud.com/dragondreams ) and I also run my own guitar-friendly forum at http://www.dragondreams.org.uk/forum

Back to the Westone Wink

I bought her new back in 1987, having auditioned and rejected LOTS of other basses. She's still with me now and has survived pretty much without a scratch. Quite simply, she's the best bass I've ever owned and I'm going to be buried with her!

Looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you better.

All the best,

Paul.

Last edited by Dragondreams on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Dragondreams
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-03-13

https://hudsonics.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:46 am

Hello Paul and welcome from a fellow bass player and a fellow West Yorkshire man! You won't be disappointed with the things you see and read on this Westone forum it's great

Jason
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragondreams Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:40 am

Hi Jason! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Thank you for the welcome. I'm still lurking and reading through loads of back posts. One of my major hobbies, when I'm not playing guitar, is restoring, building or modifying them. This forum is proving to be a treasure-trove of information!

BTW, I'm in Normanton, near Wakefield. You're not too far up the motorway from me... Wink

Paul.

Last edited by Dragondreams on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Dragondreams
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by untune Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Hey, I've been lingering and asking questions round here for a few weeks but haven't made a formal introduction Razz

I'm Lee, hail from Greater Manchester (or Lancashire if we're going to proper about it) and I'm a filthy sound & video tech student Smile

I don't actually own a Westone (YET) so please don't hit me, I hope to get one as soon as poss, I've got a permanent eBay tab open so I don't even have to repeat the search, that's how well prepared I am Razz I prefer bass and i've only been playing it for just short of a year, but I do thoroughly enjoy it. Sooo ummm....what else.... lately I've been designing a modified jazz bass as a little side project to keep me busy, and I get to do bits of work with the BBC filming gigs for BBC Radio Manchester in the next few months because me and my mates won a competition for filming a live gig. That's about as exciting as it gets for now Razz
untune
untune
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-02-21

http://www.retronym.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Eee, by gum, it's reet neece t'see t'Yorkshire lads int' same post... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_wink

Oops sorry Paul, Lee and Jason, for the crap Yorkshire accent there, just a wee bit of Geordie humour, ya naz what a mean lyke!
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol

Welcome to you all!
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile

Polly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragondreams Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:57 am

Hi Polly, and thank you for the welcome. matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

I lived in Sydney Grove in Fenham for three years, so I'm familiar with Geordie humour. And having a Geordie lad drumming in the band I was in at the time certainly exposed me to plenty of it! Wink

Paul.
Dragondreams
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by untune Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:25 pm

Pollyanna wrote:Eee, by gum, it's reet neece t'see t'Yorkshire lads int' same post... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_wink

Oops sorry Paul, Lee and Jason, for the crap Yorkshire accent there, just a wee bit of Geordie humour, ya naz what a mean lyke!
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol

Welcome to you all!
matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile

Polly

Well I'm from Bolton so I get called a farmer from time to time Razz
untune
untune
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-02-21

http://www.retronym.co.uk

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Greetings.

Post by nicholaspaul Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi everyone!

My first guitar was a Westone Concord II (there's a picture of it in it's current state right over there -> !). It was a present for my 18th birthday, 1986. No, I'm not afraid of age so feel free to do the maths! It quickly went through a number of 'upgrades', but now I'm restoring it to a playable state!

I won't go into details, but it now needs a partial refret, a new pickguard and a little TLC. A friend of mine painted it blue/green metalflake as a surprise for Christmas one year. There's no way that finish is coming off!

So, here I am, once again enjoying my Westone (or will do soon once I've fixed a few things). I see there are a number of Brits around here, so don't be confused by my location. I'm from Suffolk, but live in Canada.

~Nick
nicholaspaul
nicholaspaul
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm

I really like that clear pickguard, Nick! Welcome. matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_smile
Warrn
Warrn

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholaspaul Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks Warrn Smile Yea, I thought the plexiglas would show off more of the paint job! All it is is a sheet of 1/8" plexi cut with a bandsaw and sanded/filed smooth. Easy!
nicholaspaul
nicholaspaul
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty new to this thing...

Post by Sonny Griffith Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Admin wrote:Hi All,

Welcome to the forums. By popular demand, this is the place to introduce yourself to your fellow Westone fans. I've pinched the format from the old Westone forum, and like the old one, please feel free to say as much or as little about yourself as you like:

Name - Neil

Age - 34

Location - Bognor Regis (yes, it really does exist)

First guitar - Hondo Les Paul copy

First Westone - 1987 Thunder II

Later Westones - Clipper CL3012, Clipper Six

Musical style/favourite bands - PJ Harvey, Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine, CSS, The Breeders, The Beatles, Sonic Youth, Hot Chip, Arcade Fire, Beck, Klaxons, Guns 'n' Roses, Cream, Nick Cave, Peaches, Pulp, etc, etc, etc...

Current Westones - 1987 Thunder II, currently in pieces awaiting a new bridge and a re-finish matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_sad

Other instruments - Fender Strat, Novation Remote 25 Midi keyboard, Hohner Arbor Bass (in canary yellow!), Westfield jumbo acoustic.

Favourite instrument - My Thunder of course!
Sonny Griffith

Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Hello ya'll!

Post by bactuz Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Just wanted to say hello Smile

- - - - - -

Name - Kai (BaCtuZ)

Age - 36

Location - Haugesund, Norway. West-coast!

First guitar - I have no idea if that piece of poop actually had a name....

First Westone - Thunder Jet

Later Westones - Pantera X275

Musical style/favourite bands - 80's metal, hardrock. Played even in a death-metal band back in the 90's... So many great artists out there...

Current Westones - 1986 Westone Pantera x275

Other instruments - KORG Z1 synth, Peavy Bandit 50 amp, some padals. Mostly made music on the computer the last few years. Not even heavy music, but trance/dance... hihi... (www.galaxee.no)

Favourite instrument - My flute... hehe... I has to be the Pantera Smile
bactuz
Registered Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Hi!!

Post by marktigere1 Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 am

Hi folks

I'm Mark.

Have played Guitar since 1986 when I purchased a 1986 Westone Thunder 1.

Played it ever since but have added a custom built (by me) Strat this year to my collection of two guitars. (Others have come and gone)

Have a 1999 Trace Elliot Supertramp Tube and they go together superbly. matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

Have got to finally bite the bullet and do some work to the old gal with a re-fret and rewire.

Nice to see a Westone forum matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_cheers

Cheers

Mark
marktigere1
Registered Member

Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty hello to all

Post by bobmarlex Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

hi forumers,
thx for the good introduction into the 'westone-universe'. i find it very difficult to gather informtionen about the westone guitars and basses. some time ago i owned a very nice piece of wood. sad to say that the instrument had been partly stripped off and -for some eyes- defaced (the varnish had been completly removed..but the woods look beautyful and the high workmanship is visible).
it seems to be a pantera x775 pw 5string model but i do not know exactly. was this model ever distibuted with an xlr-jack as out? are the soaps active or passive? is there an ic? if yes, which one? >> so many questions..Wink
so long for now
alex

edit
and i'm alex, 37 love my job playing bass in a gitarrenrockband. residing mostotime in northern germany. 'usual' setup: ampeg svt4, 6x10, 1x15, warwick corvette 4string
bobmarlex
bobmarlex
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty SAY HELLO

Post by THEBARRON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 am

G`Day,
My name is Richie, owner of a THUNDER 1 ALL RED 6 STRING(the barron) matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol . I have been a member for a short while but have not formally introduced myself.
From provincial victoria Australia, right on the Murray River Echuca. Great to be a part of this, people have been friendly & helpfull.

Music: blues, rock, metal pretty much anything from Status Quo to Hendrix, Buckcherry, Metallica, Extreme, even the Shadows.....(apache ect...).

I jam with a couple of locals, & have a ball.

People over the years who have had a crack @ my Thunder 1 are very suprised, STRAT, GIBSON, IBANEZ owners have never heard of the westone product. I started to think I was missing out on something until I played a couple of renowned names & I can tell you from my experience I could never justify the $ on a big brand, the THUNDER 1 kicks A.

My old man gave me a choice on my 16th birthday of an IBANEZ or the THUNDER 1 he purchased the THUNDER 1 back in the 80`s for around 6-$700.00 the rest is history....

I am so glad that I found this forum thanks to all for your imput so far & keep rockin! matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_twisted

Cheers, from your Thunder Down under (as you so mildly call it)
Richie...
THEBARRON
THEBARRON
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobmarlex Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:28 pm

bobmarlex wrote:hi forumers,

it seems to be a pantera x775 pw 5string model but i do not know exactly. was this model ever distibuted with an xlr-jack as out? are the soaps active or passive? is there an ic? if yes, which one? >> so many questions..Wink
so long for now
alex

edit
and i'm alex, 37 love my job playing bass in a gitarrenrockband. residing mostotime in northern germany. 'usual' setup: ampeg svt4, 6x10, 1x15, warwick corvette 4string

hi 2all,

it is a pantera x775 pw..but these days wo pw. no perl white anymore matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_cyclops
thx 2all
alex
bobmarlex
bobmarlex
Registered Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty Hello :)

Post by richard_senior Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 am

Hello,

Just discovered this site.... I'm really pleased it exists...
I'm a middle aged guy from the UK. I have a Westone Spectrum 2 (pink) that I've had since I was about 20 years old.
I've had the frets filed, put Seymour Duncans in it and completely reworked the switchgear.
I've got a PRS custom 24 and a strat too.. but I use the westone... It just feels better to play.
I just bought another spectrum 2 on ebay.. same model but red not pink.
Am going to mod that one too.. I'll send photos of them when I get chance...

Oh.. I have spare switches and knobs from when I rewired it.. I'd like to trade them.
My original spectrum has a floyd rose on it... but the new one has a bendmaster.
But the bendmaster is missing the actual bar, and 3 adjustment screws.

Anyway.. hello Smile
richard_senior
Registered Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello Richard, and welcome to the Westie Wing of the House of Matsumoku!
richard_senior wrote:... It just feels better to play.
Yup! As you've discovered, there's magic in them thar Westones!

Oh.. I have spare switches and knobs from when I rewired it.. I'd like to trade them.
Oh baby! I'm sure there will be many here who will happily take you up on that offer. You might get a better viewing audience though if you put up a separate post under the Wanted forum or even the For Sale forum. Many would consider changing out the original pups and electronics to be not a good thing as it affects the collectability of the instruments, not to mention that these are considered to be quite well designed components to begin with. But to each his own. If you are certain that you will not be wanting to sell your instrument later on then go ahead and distribute the original parts. But be warned, trying to sell a Mats guitar without its original parts will devalue it quite a bit.

...the bendmaster is missing the actual bar, and 3 adjustment screws.
I can't help with the adjustment screws but a replacement trem bar is available from Stewart-Macdonald. You'll need the 6 mm diameter size for imports.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Empty thanks...

Post by richard_senior Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks for the reply Smile
I'll never sell them.. so I aren't really concerned about the resale value.
I modded it just because it was a little noisy. Plus the switches are a bit too fiddly for me.

Do you know if a floyd rose will fit on the same posts as the bendmaster?
I can buy a replacement floyd rose for next to nothing, and it'll come with all the parts I'm missing.

Here's a quick picture of my pink spectrum 2. You can't really see much but you can see I've put a strat style 5 way selector in it
and done away with the tone pot. The pups are matched seymore duncans.. one humbucker and 2 single coils.
The amps are a purple JCM800 and to the left a battered old JMP (still my favourite) without the covering (bare wood) or the marshall logo.

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Weston10

Here is is before I modded it when I was in my early 20's.. (a while ago now.. you can probably tell by the t-shirt, the colour of the jeans, and the footwear)

matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Weston11
richard_senior
Registered Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 pm

richard_senior wrote:...Do you know if a floyd rose will fit on the same posts as the bendmaster?
Sorry, don't know enough about either one to comment intelligently. My trem's are largely ornamental. clown
There's lots of info here. Try a search in the Technical Forum and see if there's an answer here already. If not I suggest you start a new thread there.

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:12 am

The short answer is No, they don't, not without major work but Colt knows a lot more about this than I so search around in his posts becasue he's done it and has put his findings on here someplace!

I had a model maker friend make up some fine tuner bolts for me -

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/technical-f3/fine-tuning-screws-for-bendmaster-deluxe-tremolo-t312.htm?highlight=bendmaster+deluxe+fine+tuners

- I used some 4mm (from memory!) allen headed bolts and sent him an OEM tuner and he did the rest! You can just use the allen bolts, of course but they don't quite look as good, eh... matsumoku - Say hello... - Page 6 Icon_lol
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum